Natalia Cordova-Buckley, the actress who plays Elena Rodriguez aka YoYo on Marvel’s Agents of SHIELD, has been promoted to a series regular for the shows fifth season. The actress joined the series in the third season as the super fast Inhuman that has become romantically involved with Alphonso ‘Mac’ Mackenzie (Henry Simmons).
Executive producers Jed Whedon, Maurissa Tacharoen and Jeffrey Bell told Deadline in a statement:
Natalia is a powerhouse in her work and in her daily life, and she has imbued one of our favorite characters with her natural strength and humor. Natalia was instantly a part of the S.H.I.E.L.D. family the first day she walked onto set, and we’re happy she’s now an official member of the S.H.I.E.L.D. team.
Producers filled the gap between seasons 3 and 4 with a six-part digital webseries called Agents of SHIELD: Slingshot which starred Cordova-Buckley in a special adventure. Slingshot is Elena Rodriguez’s superhero name in the comics. The webseries featured the directorial debut of Marvel’s Chief Creative Officer Joe Quesada. The story evolves around Daisy Johnson (Chloe Bennet) being back in SHIELD and the day YoYo signed the Sokovia Accords.
Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. will return in a new Fridays-at-9 pm time slot at midseason after Inhumans wraps its eight-episode run.
- 5 Things We Want to See in Krypton Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Gotham Season 5, the Final Season - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Black Lightning Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in DC’s Legends of Tomorrow Season 4 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Supergirl Season 4 - June 30, 2018