Netflix has announced their planned Marvel’s The Punisher panel will not be happening this weekend at New York Comic Con. The panel was originally slated to take place on Saturday October 7th at the event.
The choice to pull the panel seems to stem from the Las Vegas tragedy we are only beginning to come to terms with. In a joint statement released today, Marvel and Netflix state:
“We are stunned and saddened by this week’s senseless act in Las Vegas. After careful consideration, Netflix and Marvel have decided it wouldn’t be appropriate for Marvel’s The Punisher to participate in New York Comic Con. Our thoughts continue to be with the victims and those affected by this tragedy.”
This announcement comes from Variety who first reported the news. They went on to state that the series may not be released in it’s entirety on the 7th as was previously planned.
- New Halloween Movie Will Have John Carpenter Score, New Details Emerge - October 19, 2017
- Kevin Smith Will Donate All TWC Residuals To ‘Women In Film’ Non Profit - October 18, 2017
- Ron Howard Reveals The Official Han Solo Movie Title - October 17, 2017
- Lucasfilm President Kathleen Kennedy Calls For Industry-Wide Commission To Combat Harassment And Abuse - October 17, 2017
- 80 Original Netflix Films On Slate For 2018 Release - October 16, 2017