Below is the footage from a Clash Royale livestream that took place earlier today where the team behind the game showed off a brand new mode coming soon called Touchdown. Essentially, this is a football version of the game where you are eight players divided into two teams. The goal is to get your troops into the endzone of the other team in the hopes of scoring a touchdown and gaining a crown.
The mode will be released in October along with the game’s next update.
Looking at the mode, it feels like it could be a lot of fun and bring a bit of new life to the game that will attract some sports fans back into playing. A possible downside could be that there’s a certain tipping point in the game where you realize one team is going to have an advantage over the other, and once one of those teams reaches that point, it’s basically downhill from there unless the team with the lead screws up royally and throws the game away at the last minute. In any case, it should make for a good addition to Clash Royale when they release it later this month.
- The 2017 Nordic Game Awards Give INSIDE The Top Prize
- Northern Arena Accused Of Cheating 'DOTA 2' Players & Staff On Payouts
- Overwatch Wins Big At The Game Awards 2016
- The 25 Best Games Already Out This Year
- Six Major Paris 2018: Quarterfinals Results, Part 2 - August 18, 2018
- Realm Royale Has Taken a Major Dive in Players Since Launch - August 17, 2018
- PUBG Mobile Boasts 100 Million Downloads Since Launch - August 17, 2018
- Another Pokémon GO Datamine Finds Mention of a Fourth Generation - August 17, 2018
- A Hat in Time to Make a Special Announcement on a Livestream Next Week - August 17, 2018