Epic Games may be on the verge of getting some strongly worded legal documents from Bluehole, but that really isn’t stopping the company from moving forward with their latest addition to Fortnite. In fact, the latest numbers for Fortnite: Battle Royale have all but confirmed that the mode will be staying in place until the day comes they’re legally required to shut it down. Today, the company took to Twitter to announce the new mode has surpassed one million players and rising.
Over 1 million players have partied on the Battle Bus during the first day of Battle Royale! Thank you and party on! 🙌🎉🚍 pic.twitter.com/Tdqnk8YClb
— Fortnite (@FortniteGame) September 27, 2017
The best way to categorize the quick rise would be seeing an influx of players who are either frustrated or looking for something new beyond H1Z1 or PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds, and are seeking an alternative that isn’t being dominated by every god-tier FPS player on those systems. For the time being, good on Epic Games for the achievement as we continue to see if the game will grow or stagnate at some point.
- 'Fortnite' Celebrates Passing 20 Million Players
- 'Fortnite' Reveals Their "Fortnitemares" Halloween Event
- 'PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds' Is Likely Headed To The PS4
- Bluehole Forms PUBG Corp., To Focus Squarely On 'PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds'
- Bluehole Takes Notice Of Fortnite's Battle Royale Comparisons To PUBG
- After Months Of Waiting, 'We Happy Few' Gets A 2018 Release Date
- Koei Tecmo Releases New Info And Photos For 'Dynasty Warriors 9'
- Grand Faux Pas: Epic Games Resets All The Bases In 'Fortnite'
- Surviving The Microtransactions: We Review 'Fortnite'
- 'Pyre', 'Namco Museum' & 'Polara' In Video Game Releases: July 25-31
- Man Chong Joins The Generals In 'Dynasty Warriors 9'
- New Pokémon Job Listing Gives Hints to Nintendo Switch Game - March 16, 2018
- Sea Of Thieves Releases the Full List of Achievements - March 16, 2018
- Sonic Mania Plus Announced at SXSW with Physical Edition and New Characters - March 16, 2018
- Capcom Now Offering Character Editor Vouchers for Monster Hunter: World - March 16, 2018
- Nintendo Switch Sales Save Blossom Tales’ Devs from Shutting Down - March 16, 2018