Turns out the rumbling that we’d be getting the Legion of Superheroes was true. Word from TVLine is that Supergirl has cast Bollywood actress Amy Jackson to play Saturn Girl, which means we will likely be getting more casting announcements soon, as the Legion are… well, Legion. The odds that we’re only getting Saturn Girl would be slim.
Saturnd Girl, also known as Imra Ardeen, is described as a kind, smart, and strong-willed hero who uses her telekinetic ability to help those in need. She was born on Titan, one of Saturn’s moons, and arrives on Earth to help Supergirl battle one of her biggest threats.
Jackson is a Manx model and actress who predominantly appears in Tamil and Hindi language films. She is currently filming the English-language film Boogie Man with director Andrew Morahan.
Jackson is not the only one joining the series as the big bad will be Odette Annable as Reign; Chad Lowe as Thomas Coville, the leader of a religious cult who worships Supergirl; Erica Durance as Alura Zor-El (replacing Laura Benanti); Adrian Pasdar as businessman Malcolm Edge; Yael Grobglas as the villain Psi; and Carl Lumbly as M’yrnn J’onzz, the Martian Manhunter’s father.
Supergirl returns Monday, October 9th on The CW.
- Supergirl Season 3, Episode 2 Recap: Triggers - October 17, 2017
- Legends Of Tomorrow Season 3: The Titanic Reunion Of Billy Zane And Victor Garber - October 17, 2017
- Free On Bleeding Cool: Read Pathfinder #1 And Check Out New Humble Bundle - October 17, 2017
- Fans Decide How Spider-Man: Homecoming Should Have Ended - October 17, 2017
- The Flash Season 4: A Look Inside Episode 2, ‘Mixed Signals’ - October 17, 2017