Turns out the rumbling that we’d be getting the Legion of Superheroes was true. Word from TVLine is that Supergirl has cast Bollywood actress Amy Jackson to play Saturn Girl, which means we will likely be getting more casting announcements soon, as the Legion are… well, Legion. The odds that we’re only getting Saturn Girl would be slim.
Saturnd Girl, also known as Imra Ardeen, is described as a kind, smart, and strong-willed hero who uses her telekinetic ability to help those in need. She was born on Titan, one of Saturn’s moons, and arrives on Earth to help Supergirl battle one of her biggest threats.
Jackson is a Manx model and actress who predominantly appears in Tamil and Hindi language films. She is currently filming the English-language film Boogie Man with director Andrew Morahan.
Jackson is not the only one joining the series as the big bad will be Odette Annable as Reign; Chad Lowe as Thomas Coville, the leader of a religious cult who worships Supergirl; Erica Durance as Alura Zor-El (replacing Laura Benanti); Adrian Pasdar as businessman Malcolm Edge; Yael Grobglas as the villain Psi; and Carl Lumbly as M’yrnn J’onzz, the Martian Manhunter’s father.
Supergirl returns Monday, October 9th on The CW.
- Dan Taylor Unveils Sci-Fi Noir Novella ‘Pi Private Eye’ - March 18, 2018
- NFL Draft 2018: Trade Near the Top as Jets and Colts Swap Picks - March 18, 2018
- Cirque du Soleil Aerialist Dies After Fall During Live Performance - March 18, 2018
- Krypton Season 1: Titles and Synopses for First 3 Episodes - March 18, 2018
- Legends of Tomorrow Season 3: 7 New Images Fuel the Ava Speculation - March 18, 2018