Turns out the rumbling that we’d be getting the Legion of Superheroes was true. Word from TVLine is that Supergirl has cast Bollywood actress Amy Jackson to play Saturn Girl, which means we will likely be getting more casting announcements soon, as the Legion are… well, Legion. The odds that we’re only getting Saturn Girl would be slim.
Saturnd Girl, also known as Imra Ardeen, is described as a kind, smart, and strong-willed hero who uses her telekinetic ability to help those in need. She was born on Titan, one of Saturn’s moons, and arrives on Earth to help Supergirl battle one of her biggest threats.
Jackson is a Manx model and actress who predominantly appears in Tamil and Hindi language films. She is currently filming the English-language film Boogie Man with director Andrew Morahan.
Jackson is not the only one joining the series as the big bad will be Odette Annable as Reign; Chad Lowe as Thomas Coville, the leader of a religious cult who worships Supergirl; Erica Durance as Alura Zor-El (replacing Laura Benanti); Adrian Pasdar as businessman Malcolm Edge; Yael Grobglas as the villain Psi; and Carl Lumbly as M’yrnn J’onzz, the Martian Manhunter’s father.
Supergirl returns Monday, October 9th on The CW.
- Read Sheena #1 Free from Dynamite’s 2017 Blockbuster Holiday Bundle - December 14, 2017
- DC in DC: MLK Weekend Filled with DC Superheroes and Premieres - December 14, 2017
- Exclusive Look Inside Elfquest: The Final Quest #23 - December 14, 2017
- Marvel’s Luke Cage Season 1: Looking at the Blu-Ray Release - December 14, 2017
- Exclusive First Look at the Women of Dynamite Titles Shipping March 2018 - December 14, 2017