Last night, K.J. Apa, who plays Archie on The CW’s hit Riverdale, was involved in a car crash after working a 16-hour day on set.
The Hollywood Reporter says Apa:
“…apparently fell asleep driving the 45-minute trip home after midnight. He was taken to a local hospital for observation and later discharged without serious injuries. His car, however, didn’t fare as well. The passenger side was apparently destroyed after striking a light pole, and the vehicle was rendered inoperable.”
Thankfully, it seems like no one suffered any serious injuries.
Apa’s co-star Cole Sprouse, who plays Jughead in the series, allegedly planned to be in the car, too, but his plans changed at the last minute.
The incident has also sparked serious discussion on safety conditions on set and the requirements studios demand from their actors. One person close to the situation and familiar with the set’s production said:
“They’re working these kids from morning until night. Someone’s going to die.”
Riverdale Season 2 is set for an October 11th premiere on The CW.
- 'The Chilling Adventures Of Sabrina' TV Series Coming To The CW
- Should Riverdale Add More Archie Characters? The Cast Discuss Their Top Picks
- We Almost Had a Michelle Pfeiffer ‘Catwoman’ Spinoff Film - August 17, 2018
- Tom Vaughan-Lawlor (Ebony Maw) Talks Joining the Marvel Cinematic Universe - August 17, 2018
- Graham McTavish Talks ‘Aquaman’ Role, Is Puzzled by “Secrecy Nowadays” - August 17, 2018
- D23 2019: Event Dates, Ticket Sales, and More Revealed - August 16, 2018
- Fathom Events is Bringing ‘Jurassic Park’ Back to Theaters - August 16, 2018