With all of the changes going on as Once Upon A Time goes through a soft reboot before season 7 that includes cast changes. One of the big questions looming was the fate of Rebecca Mader who plays Zelena aka the Wicked Witch. TVLine is reporting that The Devil Wears Prada actress will in fact be returning for multiple episodes in the new season. When she will appear or even if she will still be Zelena remains to be seen.
The once series regular told TVLine:
I am beyond thrilled to be returning to make magic with my beloved Once Upon a Time family. I’m excited for this next chapter.
Mader joined the series midway through the third season. She, along with Jennifer Morrison, Ginnifer Goodwin, Josh Dallas, Jared Gilmore and Emilie de Ravin, was among the actors not returning for the Season 7. Lana Parrilla, Robert Carlyle and Colin O’Donoghue will be back as the Evil Queen, Rumplestiltskin and Captain Hook. Added to the series are Andrew J. West and Alison Fernandez (as grown-up Henry and his daughter Lucy), Gabrielle Anwar (as Lady Tremaine), Dania Ramirez (Cinderella) and Mekia Cox (Tiana), while Adelaide Kane (Drizella) and Rose Reynolds Reynolds (Alice) will will be recurring.
Reports say Gilmore, Morrison and de Ravin will make one-off encores in the coming season.
Once Upon A Time returns Friday, October 6th on ABC
- 5 Things We Want to See in Krypton Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Gotham Season 5, the Final Season - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Black Lightning Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in DC’s Legends of Tomorrow Season 4 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Supergirl Season 4 - June 30, 2018