So often I see a trailer for a new film and all I can think of is, ‘how did that get made?’ But every once in a while there comes a movie that is exactly what I was looking for, even though I didn’t know I was looking for it. That’s the case with John McPhail’s new film, Anna And The Apocalypse. Deadline got the exclusive trailer for the film that will be debuting at Fantastic Fest in Austin on Friday. It’s a holiday, high school musical… with zombies.
The film is based on the 2010 BAFTA-winning short Zombie Musical that was directed by Ryan McHenry who shares screenwriting credits on the film. It was shot on location in Scotland and stars Ella Hunt (Our Robot Overlords), Mark Benton (The Halcyon) and Paul Kaye (Game of Thrones). The story is simple. When a zombie apocalypse rolls into the town of Little Haven, Anna (Hunt) and her high school friends fight, slash and sing their way to safety. They try to save as many family and faculty members they can and face off against a zombified snowman, a manic bachelor party and teenage hormones. The film also stars newcomers: Malcolm Cumming, Sarah Swire, Christopher Leveaux, Ben Wiggins and Marli Siu.
McPhail has previously worked on: Where Do We Go From Here and shorts Notes, V For Visa and Just Say Hi. The film is just now hitting the festival circuit, no distribution information is available.
- The Snowman Review: The Crime Of Making A Dull Thriller
- 5 Things We Want to See in Krypton Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Gotham Season 5, the Final Season - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Black Lightning Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in DC’s Legends of Tomorrow Season 4 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Supergirl Season 4 - June 30, 2018