Comedy Central has been trying to fill the half hour slot after The Daily Show for a while now. First there was the Nightly Show with Larry Wilmore, but that got cancelled. Then @Midnight filled in for a while, but that has come to an end. And the President Show was there, but didn’t seem to be a permanent thing. Not long ago Comedy Central announced that Daily Show correspondent Jordan Klepper would be getting the slot, and now we know who he will be working with.
The show will be called The Opposition with Jordan Klepper, and they have found their citizen journalists: Niccole Thurman, Tim Baltz, Laura Grey, Aaron Jackson, Josh Sharp, and Kobi Libii. The citizen journalists will join Klepper in satirizing the extreme ends of both the right and the left.
Klepper said of his team:
“Like the dodgeball captain I once longed to be, I finally got a chance to select a team of fearless warriors who will use their immense skills to shield me from harm. Also, they are wicked talented and a blast to perform with.”
Every member of the group has an improv theater background. Thurman, Libii, and Baltz are from Chicago’s Second City, while Sharp, Grey, and Jackson are from the Upright Citizens Brigade. Klepper joined the Daily Show in 2014 when it was still hosted by Jon Stewart and continued with the show when Trevor Noah took over in 2015.
The Opposition with Jordan Klepper premieres on Monday, September 25th at 11:30 p.m. on Comedy Central.
- Supergirl Season 3: Why It’s Important For Kara To Have A Secret Identity - October 20, 2017
- Stephen Amell Talks About Oliver’s Big Decision On Last Night’s Arrow - October 20, 2017
- Al Pacino And Karl Urban Play Hangman With A Serial Killer In New Trailer - October 20, 2017
- Arrow Season 6, Episode 2 Recap: Tribute - October 20, 2017
- Marvel’s Daredevil Season 3: The Fall Of A Righteous Man - October 19, 2017