The CW has released an official The Flash Season 4 extended trailer. Where the previous trailer set up the new season, this one seems focused on what the team went through while he’s gone and why they bring Barry Allen (Grant Gustin) back.
Joe (Jesse L. Martin) speaks of the funeral for H.R. (Tom Cavanagh) and how they need to grieve for Barry. But Iris (Candice Patton) can’t bring herself to sleep in their bed, and Cisco (Carlos Valdes) refuses to accept he’s gone.
We know from interviews that Barry will be back pretty quickly, but he will be different. A lot of the baggage he carried in the previous seasons are gone… but what exactly is left remains to be seen.
He’s been in the Speed Force for over four months, but in that time he’s lived his life over and over again. And he has a beard, which isn’t very aerodynamic. Going forward, we are supposed to have a lighter Barry — one that can be excited to travel at super speed and to fight bad guys. A Barry filled with hope. I think that is where they went wrong last year. Not that Season 3 was bad, but it was very dark, and Barry is the epitome of hope.
That said, it doesn’t seem like Team Flash was having fun in his absence. But with Barry back, a Caitlin/Frost (Danielle Panabaker) mix and the Elongated Man (Hartley Sawyer), fun should be right around the corner.
The Flash Season 4 debuts October 10th at 8 p.m. ET on the CW.
- Dan Taylor Unveils Sci-Fi Noir Novella ‘Pi Private Eye’ - March 18, 2018
- NFL Draft 2018: Trade Near the Top as Jets and Colts Swap Picks - March 18, 2018
- Cirque du Soleil Aerialist Dies After Fall During Live Performance - March 18, 2018
- Krypton Season 1: Titles and Synopses for First 3 Episodes - March 18, 2018
- Legends of Tomorrow Season 3: 7 New Images Fuel the Ava Speculation - March 18, 2018