Welcome back to Bleeding Cool’s weekly recap of American Horror Story: Cult, as we crawl along to this week’s aptly named Episode 2: ‘Don’t Be Afraid of The Dark.’ Check out the video below for my overview/recap of the episode, along with some Spare Parts that I picked up along the way that I thought you might find interesting.
The title of the episode works on a number of levels that we’ll go over in the recap, but one observation? I’m not exactly sure how Ryan Murphy does it (a little tech search required), but this show just always looks dark. Granted, I know that most of the action takes place at night; but even the scenes during the day (like the conversation between Ivy (Alison Pill) and Dr. Vincent (Cheyenne Jackson) from this episode; or the scene from the premiere episode with Ally (Sarah Paulson) in the supermarket) feel dark. Watch (or re-watch) the scene between Ally and Kai (Evan Peters) again and see if you notice what I’m getting at. And as for the other things that “The Dark” represent? Well, you’re just gonna have to treat yourself to the video recap, below all the fine print.
You can also check out the transcript of my live-blog of the episode here or by clicking the link after the video.
But one quick thing before we get our recap underway…
This isn’t a formal review — more of a recap-review-stream of consciousness mash-up kinda’ thing — but I’ll be covering some themes and takeaways involving major and minor plot points from the episode. Just something to keep in mind before watching or re-watching the episode. Not looking to have angry fellow geeks outside my apartment with pitchforks and torches because I didn’t give enough spoiler warning.
You can click here to read up on our live-blog of the episode:
Thanks for tagging along this week, and hope you come back again on Monday for American Horror Story: Cult Episode 3, ‘Neighbors From Hell’! Here’s the teaser trailer for next week, as well as a look at the season ahead:
- A.P. Bio Season 1, Episode 11 ‘Eight Pigs and a Rat’ Review: I Am Jack’s Snitch - April 20, 2018
- Dexter Plays It Safe, Big Poppa Trump, ‘Dead’ Endings, and More! [The Weekly Static s01e36] - April 20, 2018
- Dexter’s Michael C. Hall Isn’t Playing It ‘Safe’ in Netflix’s Mystery-Drama Series - April 20, 2018
- Deadly Class: Syfy Orders Rick Remender, Wes Craig Image Graphic Novel to Series - April 18, 2018
- Maniac: Netflix Releases First Images from Jonah Hill, Emma Stone Mind-Bending Series - April 18, 2018