Matthew Vaughn recently revealed that he’s been in talks to take over the Superman franchise for Warner Bros. and DC. As soon as that news broke it was only a matter of time before Vaughn was going to be asked what his version of Superman would look like. Collider asked him while interviewing Vaughn for Kingsman: The Golden Circle:
“Weirdly if I did do Superman—and I made the mistake of telling someone yesterday I have spoken about it and then wallop (laughs)—I think my main take would be, it’s really boring but make a Superman film. I just don’t feel a proper Superman—I think Donner did it to perfection for that time. Just doing the modern—I wanna do a modern version of the Donner [version]. Go back to the source material… For me Superman is color, feel-good, heroic. He’s a beacon of light in darkness. And that’s what I think Superman should be.”
One of the reasons why people aren’t too keen on the current cinematic version of Superman is because he doesn’t really act the way we’d expect when we think of Superman. It could be a pretty easy fix, and if Wonder Woman is anything to go by, people are willing to accept good DC movies.
Vaughn’s next movie, Kingsman: The Golden Circle, comes out this week, and while he has confirmed he’s also working on a third Kingsman movie, there’s still time for Vaughn to jump on a Superman title. We could use another colorful and bright superhero in the DCEU.
Summary: When their headquarters are destroyed and the world is held hostage, the Kingsman’s journey leads them to the discovery of an allied spy organization in the US. These two elite secret organizations must band together to defeat a common enemy.
Kingsman: The Golden Circle, directed by Matthew Vaughn, stars Colin Firth, Julianne Moore, Taron Egerton, Mark Strong, Halle Berry, with Sir Elton John, Channing Tatum, and Jeff Bridges. It will be released on September 22nd.
- Kevin Feige Says That DC Has "Figured It Out"
- Tina Belcher From Bob's Burgers Gets An Exclusive Pop From BoxLunch For A Good Cause
- Thor And Loki Are Managing Some Mischief In This New Thor: Ragnarok Clip - October 20, 2017
- Guillermo Del Toro’s The Shape Of Water Gets A New Poster - October 20, 2017
- Kevin Feige Isn’t Ruling Lady Thor Out For The MCU - October 20, 2017
- Jeph Loeb Explains Why We Don’t See Avengers Tower In The Marvel/Netflix Series - October 20, 2017
- Josh Brolin Thinks Avengers: Infinity War Is “Next Level” - October 20, 2017