Amazon has released a teaser for the upcoming original series Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan. The new series is from Carlton Cuse (The Strain, Lost) and Graham Rowland (Almost Human, Fringe) and will star John Krasinski (The Office) in the titular role. Krasinski is the fifth person to step into the role of the CIA analyst, following in the footsteps of Alec Baldwin, Harrison Ford, Ben Affleck, and Chris Pine — so no pressure there.
There are nine Jack Ryan novels and then two spinoff series, one starring John Clark (two novels) and the other Jack Ryan Jr. (13 novels, only the first five written or co-written by Tom Clancy).
The plot for the new series, which is said to be inspired by the Ford films, follows a young Ryan who is an up-and-coming analyst for the CIA. He uncovers a pattern in terrorist communications that thrusts him into the center of a dangerous gambit with a new breed of terrorism on a global scale.
The teaser doesn’t feature Ryan, but rather focuses on a $10 bill that a little girl draws a happy face on in red ink. We then follow along as the bill is passed along innocently — and then not so innocently. It becomes part of a drug buy and then works its way to a terrorist group. This Hamilton is not going to miss his shot — at making the world a more dangerous place.
The video ends with a tease for a teaser trailer to be released at the New York Comic Con next month. So, this is really a teaser for a teaser.
- Black Lightning Season 1: Resurrection of a Hero Is Bad for Business - December 13, 2017
- Read Bettie Page #1 Free from Dynamite’s 2017 Blockbuster Holiday Bundle - December 12, 2017
- Exclusive Extended Previews: Sheena #4, Skin & Earth #6, and Hack/Slash vs. Vampirella #3 - December 12, 2017
- Shazam! Adds ‘Fresh Off the Boat’ Actor Ian Chen to Growing Cast - December 12, 2017
- Homeland Season 7: Carrie is Back in Washington D.C. - December 12, 2017