Amazon has released a teaser for the upcoming original series Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan. The new series is from Carlton Cuse (The Strain, Lost) and Graham Rowland (Almost Human, Fringe) and will star John Krasinski (The Office) in the titular role. Krasinski is the fifth person to step into the role of the CIA analyst, following in the footsteps of Alec Baldwin, Harrison Ford, Ben Affleck, and Chris Pine — so no pressure there.
There are nine Jack Ryan novels and then two spinoff series, one starring John Clark (two novels) and the other Jack Ryan Jr. (13 novels, only the first five written or co-written by Tom Clancy).
The plot for the new series, which is said to be inspired by the Ford films, follows a young Ryan who is an up-and-coming analyst for the CIA. He uncovers a pattern in terrorist communications that thrusts him into the center of a dangerous gambit with a new breed of terrorism on a global scale.
The teaser doesn’t feature Ryan, but rather focuses on a $10 bill that a little girl draws a happy face on in red ink. We then follow along as the bill is passed along innocently — and then not so innocently. It becomes part of a drug buy and then works its way to a terrorist group. This Hamilton is not going to miss his shot — at making the world a more dangerous place.
The video ends with a tease for a teaser trailer to be released at the New York Comic Con next month. So, this is really a teaser for a teaser.
- Marvel’s Luke Cage Season 1, Episode 13 Recap: You Know My Steez - June 21, 2018
- Marvel’s Luke Cage Season 1, Episode 12 Recap: Soliloquy of Chaos - June 20, 2018
- Writer’s Commentary – Peter David Talks the Finale of Battlestar Galactica vs Battlestar Galactica - June 20, 2018
- Marvel’s Luke Cages Season 1, Episode 11 Recap: Now You’re Mine - June 20, 2018
- Jason Ritter Signs on to Netflix’s Superhero Drama ‘Raising Dion’ - June 20, 2018