Stephen Amell is often asked at conventions to recite the opening from his series Arrow. And where he normally obliges, that particular request today at the Heroes & Villains FanFest in New Jersey got a very different answer. Amell told the crowd he couldn’t because the new Oliver Queen voiceover narration would be a huge spoiler for a very specific reason. He said he would get into a lot of trouble.
He did hint at a few other things like a new Arrow suit this year and a new trick arrow that he will be using in the four-way Arrowverse crossover. And, we will get to see something that fans have been waiting for since the series first aired… at some point during this season we will see Oliver Queen smiling.
It’s a strange thing. Oliver actually this season is a very contented individual. At least so far. Methinks that will probably change, based on just 120 some episodes of history. But I’ve seen three episodes and he’s smiling a lot more….. It’s nice as an actor to not be a stick in the mud all the time.
With the fact that everyone’s fate except Oliver and William’s (and Dinah, Slade and Black Siren) is up in the air would lead one to believe that Amell would be very busy right now, but that’s not quite the case:
If you follow me on social media, you might have noticed that I’ve had a little more time off than I normally do. That’s just kind of where the story is this year [and] I’ve really enjoyed it. In the early part of the season we undertake a storyline and we stick to it. [But] that’s all about to change starting Monday!
Arrow season six returns October 12th at 9 PM on the CW.
- Writer’s Commentary: Ian Edginton Talks About Killer Instinct #4 - January 18, 2018
- NFL Post-Mortem: The 2017 Atlanta Falcons - January 18, 2018
- Flash Season 4: Wrestler Goldberg Plays Rare DC Comics Villain - January 18, 2018
- Black Lightning Season 1: What Will Keep Jefferson Pierce from Retiring Again? - January 18, 2018
- Arrow Season 5: The Team Finds How Cayden James Has Been Ahead of Them - January 18, 2018