The other day, I wrote a review about receiving a disc to Destiny 2 for the Playstation 4, despite not having a PlayStation 4. It was a desperate bid for someone at Bungie/Activision/Sony to send me a PlayStation 4. It failed.
Instead, someone sent me a copy of the Conga Master Party game that is being released for the Nintendo Switch after running around the other platforms. Now, I am not the biggest gamer in the world — the only two other games I am engaged in right now are Zelda: Breath Of The Wild and Candy Crush. But since the kids were out, I thought I might as well give it a go.
It’s basically Snake — you pivot around the dance floor, invading other dancers’ personal space, circling around them, and basically committing harassment against a series of figures until they are pressured to join your conga. Then, off you go to the next victim. The floors are littered with bananas, chairs, and other detritus, and actually touching another dancer is a no-no, making them lose any interest in dancing the beast with one back with you.
Eventually, after you have the numbers of a range of different types of dancers, you are invited to leave the club and deal with aliens trying to abduct your dancers before you and whoever is left all snake it to the next club. It suggests a world where people dance to escape the misery and fear of constant alien abduction and only a conga allows people even the chance of survival by stint of providing the aliens too many choices of dancing divas to pick off. Someone somewhere is pitching the dystopic nightmare movie adaptation of this game, that answers the question “Are we human or are we dancer?” with a resounding “We stay human because we dance!”
But it’s the multiplayer where this game actually sings, even with the graphics that hark back a couple of decades. With room for four players, you compete with others in the club, with conga cutting off conga — and there’s murder on the dance floor. And it’s much more fun to play this at a party than to actually try a conga of your own.
Look, I’ll get back to Zelda at some point, OK?
Conga Master Party for the Nintendo Switch will be released in Europe on September 28th on the Nintendo Shop.
Be the first to leave a review.
- The Complete Notes To The 1.0.3 Patch For 'Destiny 2'
- Bungie Hints Toward Adding Private Matches In 'Destiny 2'
- 'Destiny 2' Servers Are Getting Four-Hour Maintenance On Monday
- The NES Game 'Golf' Has Been Found In The Nintendo Switch
- Dark Horse Comics Liquidates 48 Conan Collections - October 22, 2018
- Will Bunker Come to Titans TV Season 2? - October 22, 2018
- Warren Ellis Tells You What to Expect in Castlevania Season 2 From Netflix - October 22, 2018
- DC Comics’ Reboot of Books Of Magic This Week - October 22, 2018
- First Review: The Green Lantern #1 by Grant Morrison and Liam Sharp – From 2000AD to Preacher? - October 22, 2018