Major shots have been fired in the war between television and movies as Arrowverse producer Marc Guggenheim is planning to adapt True Lies for TV.
Usually, it’s the movie industry that takes old TV shows and adapts them as tongue-in-cheek box office bombs starring Johnny Knoxville, but TV is fighting back! According to a report on THR, Fox has made a “put pilot” order for True Lies, a reboot of the 1994 film starring Arnold Schwarzenegger and Jamie Lee Curtis. James Cameron is set to executive produce.
The decision to adapt True Lies as a TV show was first suggested by grizzled TV veteran Jimmy Malone, who reportedly told Guggenheim, “You wanna know how to get Hollywood? They pull a knife, you pull a gun. They send one of yours to the hospital, you send one of theirs to the morgue. They make a Baywatch movie starring The Rock and it bombs big at the box office, you turn a James Cameron movie into a TV show at Fox that will last one season, tops. That’s the television way!”
Unfortunately, Malone was gunned down by Hollywood thug Frank Nitti, who later bragged that Malone died “screaming like a stuck Irish pig.” Guggenheim reportedly tossed Nitti off the top of building, asking, “Did he sound anything like that?”
There’s no news yet on a cast or release date for the True Lies TV show, but stay tuned.
- James Gunn Is Getting His Own Funko Pop At NYCC
- Tina Belcher From Bob's Burgers Gets An Exclusive Pop From BoxLunch For A Good Cause
- DCComics.com Writer Pens 1100 Word Batman: Damned Review Without Once Mentioning Batpenis - September 20, 2018
- Preview Brian Bendis and Nick Derington’s Batman 100-Page Giant #3 Story, (Maybe) In Your Walmart Soon - September 20, 2018
- Peter Parker Forgets the Lesson of Uncle Ben’s Death in Spectacular Spider-Man #310 Preview - September 20, 2018
- At the End of X-Men Blue, the X-Men Return to the Beginning (Preview) - September 20, 2018
- Punisher Tests Hydra’s “Cut Off One Head…” Slogan in Punisher #2 Preview - September 20, 2018