The latest episode of How To Be A Poser focuses on two figures, the QMx 1/6th scale figures of Captain James T. Kirk and Mr. Spock. The designs are based on the original 1966 Star Trek series based on the roles as portrayed by William Shatner and Leonard Nimoy.
These are the classic uniforms, with Kirk in his yellow tunic and Spock in blue. I find it interesting that the Spock figure comes with the Vulcan Lyre. I have to say, the face sculpts on these figure are very good. I haven’t seen many of QMx’s figures so far, but these are remarkable detailed and accurate.
In the video, we see that the figures are being posed in such away to not only give the feel of an old movie poster, but also show the difference in personalities between the two characters. Kirk and Spock couldn’t be more different, yet they are good friends. They choose to have Spock using the tricorder to examine and get information while Kirk is standing in a more action pose with phaser in hand, read to react. That’s a pretty accurate depiction of the two characters.
As the 1/6th scale figures improve and grow in variety, the art of posing the figures and creating artistic images becomes more and more popular, with a handful of coffee table-style books already out on the market.
You can check out the figures from Sideshow and QMx right here. They also have Dr. McCoy, Captain Jean-Luc Picard and a Captain’s chair available.
- 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' Gets The Tiki Mug Treatment From Geeki Tikis And ThinkGeek
- The Magicians Season 3: Second Trailer And Premiere Date - November 20, 2017
- CW Releases First Full Trailer For Crisis On Earth-X, The Arrowverse Crossover Event - November 20, 2017
- Marvel’s Agents Of SHIELD Season 5: “Space, The One Thing We Haven’t Done Before” - November 20, 2017
- Supergirl Season 3: Kara, Winn, And J’onn Discover What Is In The Alien Ship - November 20, 2017
- Supergirl’s Melissa Benoist Sings For Minecraft In New Ad - November 20, 2017