Greg Capullo is currently drawing the bombastic, wild DC event Dark Nights: Metal, after a long run on Batman with Scott Snyder (who is also the writer of Metal) and a brief break away working with Mark Millar on Reborn. But just what will he work on next?
Well, back at San Diego Comic-Con, Capullo hinted on a panel that he was excited to finally get to tackle one of his favourite characters in Metal in the form of Swamp Thing, and joked about getting the chance to keep drawing the character.
Then, Capullo had this little interaction on Twitter, when asked by a fan which comic they should frame next in their room:
My first Swamp Thing issue when it comes out. 🤘🏻✏️🤘🏻 https://t.co/fjEnYOYZot
— Greg Capullo (@GregCapullo) September 13, 2017
Adding fuel to the fire here.
Capullo seems to be dropping heavy hints now that his next major project will be Swamp Thing.
Interestingly, Swamp Thing started in the New 52 under the writing of Snyder as well, then with artist Yannick Paquette.
Swamp Thing was created by Len Wein and Bernie Wrightson in House of Secrets #92 before getting his own series. And of course, during the ’80s, the character saw a revival thanks for Alan Moore and a host of highly respected comic artists.
Could Greg Capullo soon be becoming the next artist on that list?
- Dennis O'Neil Returns To Batman One More Time In December
- The Batman Hater Loves Dark Nights: Metal #2
- Len Wein's Scenes In 2014's X-Men: Days Of Future Past
- Len Wein Dies, At 69
- 2017 Television Countdown #4: The Steven Universe Accidental Racism Apology - December 31, 2017
- Doomsday Clock Speculation: Is Doctor Manhattan Posing as a DC Superhero? - December 29, 2017
- Eugenic #3 Review: The Horror Ends with a Look at the Horrors of Ignorance - December 27, 2017
- Well, Does Anyone Like the ‘Jubilee is a Vampire’ Idea? - December 27, 2017
- A Major Unexpected Return in Today’s Spider-Men II #5 - December 27, 2017