A little bit of news that may light a few dozen fired under some people, as PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds conquers one of the all-time high records we thought would never be conquered. Dota 2, if you’re not already aware, basically holds the top spot for about two-dozen gaming records in terms of sheer numbers. So when someone pops by and threatens one of those records, that action is newsworthy by itself as people have been talking about PUBG‘s popularity. Today, Dota 2 has lost a record as PUGB took the record for concurrent players, confidently taking it with 1,342,857 players, compared to the previous record of 1,295,114.
— PLAYERUNKNOWN (@PLAYERUNKNOWN) September 16, 2017
Now, all we have to do is sit back and wait to see what the next record shall be that they take away from Dota 2. PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds is well on its way to overall sales and a few other sales-related records if it continues to succeed at the pace it’s been keeping since the spring. Only time will tell how they will do, but for now, congrats to Bluehole and the PUBG team.
- Adding Your Favorites To ‘Dropmix’ As We Review The Expansions - October 23, 2017
- ‘Little Witch Academia’ Gets A New Japanese Trailer For PS4 Release - October 23, 2017
- Nintendo Shows Off The Co-Op Feature In ‘Super Mario Odyssey’ - October 22, 2017
- You Can Buy The ‘Super Mario Odyssey’ Theme On iTunes - October 22, 2017
- We’re Getting A New TMNT Arcade Game Debuting At IAAPA - October 21, 2017