This is a graphic that illustrates the lenticular cover for Action Comics #988 by Dan Jurgens and Viktor Bogdanovic. This new cover features art by the team of Robson Rocha and Daniel Henriques.
In this issue, as Superman struggles with the ramifications of Mr. Oz’s identity, the mysterious figure’s origins and the long road to Superman’s doorstep finally reveal themselves.
It depicts Jor-El and Lara looking at the baby Superman as he is put in the capsule and sent to Earth.
…juxtaposed with the exploding Krypton. And while Lara appears to be about to go kablooe-ey, Jor-El goes blue see-through and seems to be less likely to go explodo. This is likely linked to the intervention of Doctor Manhattan, as seen in the DC Rebirth Special ahead of the upcoming Doomsday Clock.
And while this seems to be even more underlining of Jor El as being Mr Oz as seen in recent Superman issues, remember, Superman himself doesn’t seem to be that sure.
This was the original cover for comparison sake.
I guess the new cover looks a little more like…
Yup. That’s really what they are doing with this thing. It’ll be Watchmen ads for Hostess Pies next. So filling, hrm.
Oh I just Googled. It’s been done. Lots.
- Jim Lee’s and Tony S. Daniel’s Covers for Dark Knights: Metal #6 - March 22, 2018
- DC Comics to Publish ‘Old Lady Harley’ - March 22, 2018
- Action Comics #1000 Dumps on All Other Advance Reorders This Week - March 22, 2018
- Vampironica #3 and Catalyst Prime: Noble #10 Orders Cancelled, but Will Resolicit - March 22, 2018
- Luke Skywalker Still Loving His Blue Milk in Star Wars Comics - March 22, 2018