This is a graphic that illustrates the lenticular cover for Action Comics #988 by Dan Jurgens and Viktor Bogdanovic. This new cover features art by the team of Robson Rocha and Daniel Henriques.
In this issue, as Superman struggles with the ramifications of Mr. Oz’s identity, the mysterious figure’s origins and the long road to Superman’s doorstep finally reveal themselves.
It depicts Jor-El and Lara looking at the baby Superman as he is put in the capsule and sent to Earth.
…juxtaposed with the exploding Krypton. And while Lara appears to be about to go kablooe-ey, Jor-El goes blue see-through and seems to be less likely to go explodo. This is likely linked to the intervention of Doctor Manhattan, as seen in the DC Rebirth Special ahead of the upcoming Doomsday Clock.
And while this seems to be even more underlining of Jor El as being Mr Oz as seen in recent Superman issues, remember, Superman himself doesn’t seem to be that sure.
This was the original cover for comparison sake.
I guess the new cover looks a little more like…
Yup. That’s really what they are doing with this thing. It’ll be Watchmen ads for Hostess Pies next. So filling, hrm.
Oh I just Googled. It’s been done. Lots.
- The Man Who Reinvented Flintstones and Snagglepuss Does the Same For Red Sonja - November 19, 2018
- Marvel Publish League of Legends Comic Book, Digitally First - November 19, 2018
- Last Tuesday, POW Entertainment Registered 4 New Stan Lee-Related Trademarks - November 19, 2018
- John Constantine and Swamp Thing Have a Brand New Trick in Justice League Dark #5 - November 19, 2018
- Aquaman UK Release Date Moves Up Two Days to the 12th December - November 19, 2018