Darth Vader is number 1 on the list of helmets that Hasbro should make in their Black Series role-playing line. That is probably why they waited to do it forth, after the Kylo Ren helmet, Stormtrooper, and Poe Dameron X-Wing helmets they have already done. Once you do Vader, pretty much all that is left would be Boba Fett, which I am sure we will get. I personally have the Kylo and Stormtrooper ones. They both had their positives and negatives, but man does the Stormtrooper one display well on the shelf when not being worn. The Poe one is the most comfortable — when I tried it on at SDCC, I did not want to take it off.
It looks like all of the others in this line: stunning. Featuring full electronics inside the helmet, the back dome removes and shows off all the guts of the thing. That should also make it pretty easy to assemble on your head.
The sculpt on this thing is the seller here. They seem to have nailed the look of the helmet right down to the eyes. This is based on Vader’s look from Return of the Jedi. The back connects by magnet to hold it in place, and features a sealing sound effect, as well as the iconic breathing effect. If it is like the others, it will also have voice-changing capabilities, as well.
If anything like the others, this will be available everywhere — but because it is Vader, I would expect it to not hang around on shelves for very long. The Darth Vader Black Series Role-Play Helmet should be on store shelves some time in the winter or spring. My advice? Preorder online and avoid trying to find this thing. It will probably be in line with the others and retail for around $90.
- Matthew Vaughn Confirms Talks For Man Of Steel Sequel
- Onnit's Star Wars Workout Gear Will Make You One With The Force
- Harrison Ford Is Kind Of Over Star Wars, You Guys
- The Future Of Star Wars' O-O-O And BT-1 Just Changed Quite A Bit (Doctor Aphra Spoilers)
- Billie Lourd Reveals That She Auditioned For The Role Of Rey
- 'The Last Jedi' Rian Johnson: Saving Lives One New Porg Fact At A Time
- Star Wars: Episode IX Has Been Delayed To December 2019
- Co-Writer Of Batman V Superman To Write Star Wars: Episode IX - Could This Happen?
- J.J. Abrams Will Write And Direct Star Wars: Episode IX
- Star Wars: Episode IX - No Plans For Rian Johnson To Direct
- Stranger Things Mystery Minis Are Adorable, Frustrating At The Same Time - October 21, 2017
- Babysitter Review: Campy Fun, Just Don’t Think Too Much - October 21, 2017
- Halloween Comes Back To Theaters All Over The World Next Week - October 20, 2017
- Thor: Ragnarok Comes To Marvel Collectors Corps Funko Box - October 20, 2017
- Kratos Is Coming From NECA, And He Looks Fantastic - October 20, 2017