Sideshow Collectibles is going to be unveiling a new line of Marvel at this year’s New York Comic Con in October. The new figures will be 1:5 scale and will focus on the Spider-Verse, with the first pieces being new interpretations of Spider-Gwen, Silk and a yet-to-be revealed Spider-Man based on the designs of artist Mark Brooks. The promo image below gives us a tease of the figures that will be on display at the convention.
Brooks made his start name as an artist for Devil’s Due before jumping to Marvel, where he has been working steady ever since. His work for the publisher includes Cable & Deadpool, Ultimate X-Men, The Amazing Spider-Man, New X-Men, and Avengers: The Initiative. It includes statues and limited-edition prints. No indication from Sideshow if there will be a series of prints to go along with Brooks work on the line.
Sideshow has done an artist series like this once before (that I recall) with artist Stanley “Artgerm” Lau that focused on the Gotham Sirens.
The character of Spider-Gwen, created by Jason Latour and Robbi Rodriguez, is only a couple years old now, but has become insanely popular in that short amount of time.
To see these pieces in person, visit Sideshow at booth #1912 at New York Comic Con.
- Luc Besson’s Europacorp to Adapt Ruiner from Reikon Games - December 11, 2017
- Saudi Arabia to Allow Movie Theaters After a 35-Year Ban - December 11, 2017
- Charlie Cox and Elodie Yung Talk Daredevil and Elektra - December 10, 2017
- Warner Bros. Confirms DC Film Lineup, Including Justice League Dark - December 10, 2017
- New Orleans Saints Bountygate Whistleblower Hired by NFL - December 10, 2017