Sony is moving ahead with their soft reboot of The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo. According to Deadline, Claire Foy from The Crown has been cast as Lisbeth Salander in the Sony production of The Girl in the Spider’s Web. Fede Alvarez has been set to direct the movie and it has a October 19th, 2018 release date.
“I couldn’t be more thrilled about Claire taking the reins of the iconic Lisbeth Salander. Claire is an incredible, rare talent who will inject a new and exciting life into Lisbeth. I can’t wait to bring this new story to a worldwide audience, with Claire Foy at its center,” said Alvarez.
The Girl in the Spider’s Web is the first of the books to go straight to an English adaptation since The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo has a Swedish-language adaptation before it got the English adaptation. The future of the series has been in flux for years, since the movie didn’t do as well as everyone wanted it to.
- The Girl in the Spider's Web Director Addresses the Recasting of Lisbeth Salander
- Claire Foy Talks a Different Lisbeth Salander for 'Girl in the Spider's Web'
- The Nutcracker and the Four Realms: 5 TV Spots and 2 Featurettes - October 16, 2018
- Lionsgate Releases the Final Poster for Robin Hood - October 16, 2018
- New Featurette for Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald Teases Why Everyone is in Paris - October 16, 2018
- How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World – Producer Brad Lewis Talks Wrapping the Trilogy at NYCC - October 14, 2018
- How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World – Jay Baruchel Talks Letting Hiccup Go at NYCC - October 14, 2018