Sony is moving ahead with their soft reboot of The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo. According to Deadline, Claire Foy from The Crown has been cast as Lisbeth Salander in the Sony production of The Girl in the Spider’s Web. Fede Alvarez has been set to direct the movie and it has a October 19th, 2018 release date.
“I couldn’t be more thrilled about Claire taking the reins of the iconic Lisbeth Salander. Claire is an incredible, rare talent who will inject a new and exciting life into Lisbeth. I can’t wait to bring this new story to a worldwide audience, with Claire Foy at its center,” said Alvarez.
The Girl in the Spider’s Web is the first of the books to go straight to an English adaptation since The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo has a Swedish-language adaptation before it got the English adaptation. The future of the series has been in flux for years, since the movie didn’t do as well as everyone wanted it to.
- The Girl in the Spider's Web Director Addresses the Recasting of Lisbeth Salander
- Claire Foy Talks a Different Lisbeth Salander for 'Girl in the Spider's Web'
- Hellboy Gets a New Poster, Trailer Coming This Thursday - December 17, 2018
- Aquaman Director James Wan Was Given the Opportunity to Direct The Flash - December 16, 2018
- Amy Adams Clarifies That She Isn’t Officially out of the DC Universe - December 16, 2018
- From Spider-Ham to Sinister Six Sony Isn’t Ruling Anything out for Future Movies - December 14, 2018
- First Details for the Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse Sequel and Spin-Off are Confirmed - December 14, 2018