Now, one can’t read anything into variant covers, especially retailer exclusive covers, they can be quite distinct from the contents of the comic books in question. Magneto Nazi, anyone?
But if, as we have speculated, Marvel Legacy #1 by Jason Aaron and Esad Ribic out in a couple of weeks does indeed bring back the adult Jean Grey as Phoenix to the fore, ahead of the Phoenix Resurrection: The Return Of Jean Grey series by Matthew Rosenberg and Leinil Francis Yu in December, then some people might actually be interested in a cover to Marvel Legacy with Jean Grey as Phoenix up front.
Like this one by Art Adams.
Or in black-and-white.
Or an earlier version of Phoenix with the rest of the Avengers 1,000,000 BC.
It’s one of a series being offered by J Scott Campbell‘s studio featuring cover artwork by Arthur Adams and colours by Peter Steigerwald.
- Cover A: 1,000,000 BC, limited to 2,550 copies
- Cover B: Classic X-Men, limited to 1,870 copies
- Cover C: Original Line-Art, limited to 1,100 copies
Online sales begin at 9 a.m. ET tomorrow. And because Bleeding Cool loves you, there’s 15% off with the code LEGACY1.
Copies will be available at New York Comic Con in limited quantities at booth #2337, but can’t be ordered in advance.
UPDATE: If it says sold out, come back later….
- Marvel Legacy Review: X-Men Gold #13: Interesting Metatextual Story, But Shaky Artwork
- OK, It Seems Pretty Obvious Who Returns In Marvel Legacy Now – But How, And Why?
- Lying In The San Diego Gutters – 89 Articles From Comic-Con Friday - July 21, 2018
- Surviving Purge City on the Streets of San Diego For Comic-Con - July 21, 2018
- Lucasfilm Publishing Out In Force at San Diego Comic-Con - July 21, 2018
- Twenty Years Of A Cup O’ Joe Quesada – and a Side Salad of Jimmy Palmiotti - July 21, 2018
- Some Sugary Surprises from Mondo’s Tiki Party at SDCC - July 21, 2018