Now, one can’t read anything into variant covers, especially retailer exclusive covers, they can be quite distinct from the contents of the comic books in question. Magneto Nazi, anyone?
But if, as we have speculated, Marvel Legacy #1 by Jason Aaron and Esad Ribic out in a couple of weeks does indeed bring back the adult Jean Grey as Phoenix to the fore, ahead of the Phoenix Resurrection: The Return Of Jean Grey series by Matthew Rosenberg and Leinil Francis Yu in December, then some people might actually be interested in a cover to Marvel Legacy with Jean Grey as Phoenix up front.
Like this one by Art Adams.
Or in black-and-white.
Or an earlier version of Phoenix with the rest of the Avengers 1,000,000 BC.
It’s one of a series being offered by J Scott Campbell‘s studio featuring cover artwork by Arthur Adams and colours by Peter Steigerwald.
- Cover A: 1,000,000 BC, limited to 2,550 copies
- Cover B: Classic X-Men, limited to 1,870 copies
- Cover C: Original Line-Art, limited to 1,100 copies
Online sales begin at 9 a.m. ET tomorrow. And because Bleeding Cool loves you, there’s 15% off with the code LEGACY1.
Copies will be available at New York Comic Con in limited quantities at booth #2337, but can’t be ordered in advance.
UPDATE: If it says sold out, come back later….
- Marvel Legacy Review: X-Men Gold #13: Interesting Metatextual Story, But Shaky Artwork
- OK, It Seems Pretty Obvious Who Returns In Marvel Legacy Now – But How, And Why?
- A Familiar Character Is Set To Discover That Peter Parker Is Spider-Man – Again (SPOILER) - October 22, 2017
- Marvel Comics To Get A New Fictional Eastern European Country (Punisher SPOILERS) - October 22, 2017
- Lying In The Gutters, 22nd October 2017 – Blink And You’ll Miss Her - October 22, 2017
- Bleeding Cool Bestseller List, 22nd October 2017, Marvel Legacy – “A Gamble We Lost Badly” - October 22, 2017
- So How Does Loki Become Sorcerer Supreme For Marvel Legacy Anyway? (SPOILERS) - October 21, 2017