That didn’t take long. The first thing you ask when a new DC comics series starts being filmed is how long until the bring in another character from the DCU? The new series Krypton, about Superman’s grandfather, has already answered that question. They’ve cast Shaun Sipos from Melrose Place and the Vampire Diaries to play Adam Strange.
The new Syfy series is based on the characters created by Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster and focuses on Krypton two generations prior to the planet’s destruction. We follow Seg-El (Cameron Cuffe) as the House of El is being ostracized and shamed. He fights for redemption and finds an unlikely mentor in Strange. The character of Adam Strange was mention at San Diego as a possible addition to the series in the future.
Strange was created by Julius Schwartz and Murphy Anderson in 1958 and is a human who uses Zeta Beams to travel between Earth and the planet Rann where he falls in love, starts a family and becomes a hero. In the comics he is a contemporary of Kal-El. Rann is regularly at war with Thanagar, where Nth metal originated and sometime home of Hawkman and Hawkgirl.
Sipos is probably known as David Breck on the CW’s Melrose Place and for his appearances in Final Destination 3, Rampage and Texas Chainsaw 3D. He previously worked for Warner Bros. TV on The Vampire Diaries. He’ll next be in the comedy For the Love of George.
- 5 Things We Want to See in Krypton Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Gotham Season 5, the Final Season - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Black Lightning Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in DC’s Legends of Tomorrow Season 4 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Supergirl Season 4 - June 30, 2018