It’s becoming common place now to ask actors what props they’ve stolen from sets. We know that people like Ryan Reynolds have basically bragged about taking something like the entire Deadpool suit with him. We know that Chris Evans has a shield so it would stand to reason that Chris Hemsworth would have a Mjolnir back at his house. In an interview with W Magazine Hemsworth not only reveals that he has a “couple” of hammers but that his son thinks they’re the coolest things ever.
I do have the hammer at home. Because each film each director sort of alters it a little bit, so I’ve got a couple of them. They’re a little heavy for me kids to pick it up, but one of my boys in particular is obsessed with Thor and the whole world. The other two are like, ‘Yeah. Dad’s Thor. Whatever,’ but my son, Tristan, jumps off the kitchen bench on a daily basis. He yells all sorts of motivating warrior cries and so on. I come home from work and he’s like, ‘Papa, did you fight the monsters? Did you beat up the monsters?’
That’s adorable. We hear stories about how a lot of the kids of the actors that play superheros are very unimpressed with their super parents. The fact that Hemsworth’s son thinks his dad really beats up monsters is one of those pure kid things that is just perfect.
Summary: Imprisoned, the mighty Thor finds himself in a lethal gladiatorial contest against the Hulk, his former ally. Thor must fight for survival and race against time to prevent the all-powerful Hela from destroying his home and the Asgardian civilization.
Thor: Ragnarok, directed by Taika Waititi, stars Chris Hemsworth, Tom Hiddleston, Cate Blanchett, Jeff Goldblum, Idris Elba, and Mark Ruffalo. It will be released on October 24th in the UK and November 3rd in the US.
- Joss Whedon Exits the Batgirl Movie - February 22, 2018
- A Wrinkle in Time: Reese Witherspoon Talks the Importance of Diversity in Front and Behind the Camera - February 22, 2018
- Game Night Review: Doesn’t Get the High Score, but Doesn’t Lose Either - February 22, 2018
- The Gifted Season 2 Could Explore Where the X-Men Went in Detail - February 22, 2018
- Chris McKay Enters Negotiations for Dungeons & Dragons, but What About Nightwing? - February 22, 2018