The release date for the Tomb Raider reboot is rapidly catching up with us and we’re starting to get more information about the movie. Thus far it looks like an adaptation of the reboot line of games than the classic character. Star Alicia Vikander is currently at the Toronto Film Festival promoting her new movie Euphoria and spoke to The Hollywood Reporter about the reboot and what we should expect from it.
“She’s a very loved character, like you said, and I grew up playing the games, and I was thrilled when I was fifteen and I saw the films with Angelina Jolie. She really made her into an icon with those films. The video game went through quite a change and it got rebooted in 2013, and it’s very much an origin story. And it’s kind of the next door girl taking on a journey of becoming the action hero that we very much know her to be. So, I definitely think there’s a lot of elements there, both honoring the character that people know of and a lot of new elements that they will hopefully be surprised and engaged to see.”
It’s nice to hear that Vikander is a fan of the games from when she was a kid but that she also saw the previous movies. These are looking like they are going to be completely different from those but Vikander seems to understand that this character is important to fans.
— Hollywood Reporter (@THR) September 12, 2017
Summary: Lara Croft, the fiercely independent daughter of a missing adventurer, must push herself beyond her limits when she finds herself on the island where her father disappeared.
Tomb Raider, directed by Roar Uthaug, stars Alicia Vikander, Walton Goggins, Dominic West, Hannah John-Kamen, and Daniel Wu. It will be released on March 18th, 2018.
- FOR REAL THIS TIME, The New "Tomb Raider" Trailer Hits
- ‘Kingsman: The Golden Circle’ Review: Still Funny, But Makes Some Serious Missteps - September 20, 2017
- New Trailer For Marvel’s The Punisher Is Bloody And Brutal - September 20, 2017
- New Trailer And International Trailer For Jumanji: Welcome To The Jungle - September 20, 2017
- Patty Jenkins Explains Why There Was No Post-Credits Scene In Wonder Woman - September 20, 2017
- Zack Snyder Will Not Be Returning To Justice League - September 20, 2017