The release date for the Tomb Raider reboot is rapidly catching up with us and we’re starting to get more information about the movie. Thus far it looks like an adaptation of the reboot line of games than the classic character. Star Alicia Vikander is currently at the Toronto Film Festival promoting her new movie Euphoria and spoke to The Hollywood Reporter about the reboot and what we should expect from it.
“She’s a very loved character, like you said, and I grew up playing the games, and I was thrilled when I was fifteen and I saw the films with Angelina Jolie. She really made her into an icon with those films. The video game went through quite a change and it got rebooted in 2013, and it’s very much an origin story. And it’s kind of the next door girl taking on a journey of becoming the action hero that we very much know her to be. So, I definitely think there’s a lot of elements there, both honoring the character that people know of and a lot of new elements that they will hopefully be surprised and engaged to see.”
It’s nice to hear that Vikander is a fan of the games from when she was a kid but that she also saw the previous movies. These are looking like they are going to be completely different from those but Vikander seems to understand that this character is important to fans.
— Hollywood Reporter (@THR) September 12, 2017
Summary: Lara Croft, the fiercely independent daughter of a missing adventurer, must push herself beyond her limits when she finds herself on the island where her father disappeared.
Tomb Raider, directed by Roar Uthaug, stars Alicia Vikander, Walton Goggins, Dominic West, Hannah John-Kamen, and Daniel Wu. It will be released on March 18th, 2018.
- FOR REAL THIS TIME, The New "Tomb Raider" Trailer Hits
- Director J.A. Bayona and Composer Michael Giacchino Talk the Score for Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom - June 16, 2018
- Benicio del Toro Wants to Return as the Collector and Work with the Grandmaster - June 16, 2018
- Sicario: Day of the Soldado Talks Bringing Emily Blunt Back for a 3rd Movie - June 16, 2018
- Ant-Man and the Wasp Star Michelle Pfeiffer Was “Pleasantly Surprised” by the First Movie - June 16, 2018
- Incredibles 2 is a Force to be Reckoned with as it Brings in $71.6M on Friday - June 16, 2018