There are a few top honors in the comics industry that only the most elite creators can claim to have received. There’s the prestigious Eisner Award. The Liefeld Lotto. Wizard World’s Hall of Legends. A Fanboy Rampage article on Bleeding Cool. But Walking Dead creator Robert Kirkman has surpassed all of those by achieving the highest honor in all of comics: a Ted Cruz masturbation joke on The Daily Show with Trevor Noah.
On a recent episode of the Comedy Central program, host Noah was talking about Ted Cruz’s recent social media Twitter snafu wherein the Senator’s Twitter account was seen to have “liked” a pornographic tweet. During the segment, a graphic was shown on the screen referencing Kirkman’s Walking Dead comic and TV show, with the words “Wanking Ted” substituted for “Walking Dead.” Kirkman took to Twitter to celebrate:
My life is complete. pic.twitter.com/IhjI5E6gw9
— Robert Kirkman (@RobertKirkman) September 13, 2017
Congratulations, Kirkman. If anyone ever deserved this honor, it’s definitely you.
- Impact Wrestling Co-Founder Jerry Jarrett Shares His Steamy Jim Cornette/Hillary Clinton Fanfic - May 26, 2018
- The Gentleman: Darkness of the Void – Pandering Horror to the Unrepresented - May 26, 2018
- BOOM! Studios and Natalie Nourigat Want to Teach You How to Break Into Animation - May 25, 2018
- Image Offers Unsold C2E2 Analog #1 Variants Now That It’s Being Adapted for Film - May 25, 2018
- Walking Dead Collectible Sparks Racism Controversy at North Carolina Credit Union - May 25, 2018