There are a few top honors in the comics industry that only the most elite creators can claim to have received. There’s the prestigious Eisner Award. The Liefeld Lotto. Wizard World’s Hall of Legends. A Fanboy Rampage article on Bleeding Cool. But Walking Dead creator Robert Kirkman has surpassed all of those by achieving the highest honor in all of comics: a Ted Cruz masturbation joke on The Daily Show with Trevor Noah.
On a recent episode of the Comedy Central program, host Noah was talking about Ted Cruz’s recent social media Twitter snafu wherein the Senator’s Twitter account was seen to have “liked” a pornographic tweet. During the segment, a graphic was shown on the screen referencing Kirkman’s Walking Dead comic and TV show, with the words “Wanking Ted” substituted for “Walking Dead.” Kirkman took to Twitter to celebrate:
My life is complete. pic.twitter.com/IhjI5E6gw9
— Robert Kirkman (@RobertKirkman) September 13, 2017
Congratulations, Kirkman. If anyone ever deserved this honor, it’s definitely you.
- Skybound’s Evolution Mutates Into Second Printing - November 17, 2017
- Christmas Comes Early With Sneak Peek At Doctor Who’s Twice Upon A Time - November 17, 2017
- Op/Ed: Why Scientists’ Attempt To Contact Aliens Could Help Justice League’s Rotten Tomatoes Score - November 17, 2017
- What Happens In Vegas… Will Be In Doctor Strange: Damnation By Nick Spencer, Donny Cates, And Rod Reis - November 16, 2017
- Millar And Romita’s Kick-Ass Reboot Moves From Marvel To Image, January To February - November 16, 2017