There are a few top honors in the comics industry that only the most elite creators can claim to have received. There’s the prestigious Eisner Award. The Liefeld Lotto. Wizard World’s Hall of Legends. A Fanboy Rampage article on Bleeding Cool. But Walking Dead creator Robert Kirkman has surpassed all of those by achieving the highest honor in all of comics: a Ted Cruz masturbation joke on The Daily Show with Trevor Noah.
On a recent episode of the Comedy Central program, host Noah was talking about Ted Cruz’s recent social media Twitter snafu wherein the Senator’s Twitter account was seen to have “liked” a pornographic tweet. During the segment, a graphic was shown on the screen referencing Kirkman’s Walking Dead comic and TV show, with the words “Wanking Ted” substituted for “Walking Dead.” Kirkman took to Twitter to celebrate:
My life is complete. pic.twitter.com/IhjI5E6gw9
— Robert Kirkman (@RobertKirkman) September 13, 2017
Congratulations, Kirkman. If anyone ever deserved this honor, it’s definitely you.
- Zack Snyder’s Short Film ‘Snow Steam Iron’ Released For Free On Vero - September 19, 2017
- Shamus Bros. Play Con Circuit Game Of Thrones With New Ace Universe Super Shows - September 19, 2017
- John Cena’s Dad Goes Off On Jinder Mahal, Charlotte Flair, Alexa Bliss - September 19, 2017
- Christmas Canceled As Toys ‘R’ Us Files For Bankruptcy - September 19, 2017
- Total Divas Star Paige Preparing For WWE Return - September 18, 2017