There are a few top honors in the comics industry that only the most elite creators can claim to have received. There’s the prestigious Eisner Award. The Liefeld Lotto. Wizard World’s Hall of Legends. A Fanboy Rampage article on Bleeding Cool. But Walking Dead creator Robert Kirkman has surpassed all of those by achieving the highest honor in all of comics: a Ted Cruz masturbation joke on The Daily Show with Trevor Noah.
On a recent episode of the Comedy Central program, host Noah was talking about Ted Cruz’s recent social media Twitter snafu wherein the Senator’s Twitter account was seen to have “liked” a pornographic tweet. During the segment, a graphic was shown on the screen referencing Kirkman’s Walking Dead comic and TV show, with the words “Wanking Ted” substituted for “Walking Dead.” Kirkman took to Twitter to celebrate:
My life is complete. pic.twitter.com/IhjI5E6gw9
— Robert Kirkman (@RobertKirkman) September 13, 2017
Congratulations, Kirkman. If anyone ever deserved this honor, it’s definitely you.
- Titan to Release Unpublished The Prisoner Comics by Jack Kirby, Gil Kane, and Steve Englehart - January 22, 2018
- Astro City to End as a Monthly Series in April; Graphic Novels on the Way - January 22, 2018
- Charles Soule’s The Oracle Year is Coming to Television After Bidding War - January 22, 2018
- Watch Ben Passmore’s ‘Your Black Friend’ as an Animated Short Film - January 22, 2018
- WWE Spoils First Three and a Half Minutes of Tomorrow’s Raw 25 - January 21, 2018