We’re all big fans of O-O-O and BT-1 over here at Bleeding Cool. Ever since their first appearance, we have followed the comedy double act of the evil C-3PO and R2-D2, the torture protocol droid and battle droid from the Darth Vader comic book created by Kieron Gillen and Salvador Larocca as they followed Doctor Aphra over to her own Star Wars solo title.
Jeeves And Wooster meets Jay and Silent Bob with a propensity for extreme violence and pain, they are generally a delight to read. And having both Vader and Aphra as their masters has led to some shenanigans in the current issue of Aphra, playing one off against the other, as she tried to hide the fact that she is alive from Vader, who sentenced her to death.
And to do that, she has to pay a price.
And she has now loosed two sadistic, violent engines of destruction on the Star Wars Universe.
The Death Star has nothing on these two. And if you ever wanted proof that Aphra is the bad guy, here it is. To save her own life, she has sentenced thousands or more sentient beings to death at the hands (or extendible probes) of those who delight in it.
STAR WARS DOCTOR APHRA #12
(W) Kieron Gillen (A) Kev Walker (CA) Karmome Shirahama
VADER IS BACK!
Rated T In Shops: Sep 13, 2017
- Darth Vader Finally Gets The Hasbro Role Play Treatment
- Okay… How About a Fantastic Four #1 for June as Well? - February 22, 2018
- More DC/Hanna-Barbera Crossover Comics, Including Super-Sons/Dynomutt - February 22, 2018
- Marvel’s Fresh Start and Rick Remender and Bengal’s Death Or Glory on Front of Next Week’s Diamond Previews - February 22, 2018
- Image Comics Solicits for May 2018 – the Day After Image Expo (Pics Update) - February 22, 2018
- Marvel Rumours Spilling Out of ComicsPRO – A Cosmic Ghost Rider Series? - February 22, 2018