We’ve been taking a look at new books and comics coming out at the upcoming Thought Bubble Comics Festival, a week-long celebration of creativity and comics that tales place in Leeds in the north of England. The festival culminates in a weekend-long comic con on September 23rd-24th. Taking over a fair part of the city across a number of venues, the event always includes the big splash con party and a smorgasbord of incredible comics and creativity in every corner you can find.
So this time, we are taking a peek at The Dead Queen Detectives Colouring Book, from Bevis Musson.
The Dead Queen Detectives Colouring Book combines pinups and comic strips, starring a cavalcade of royal ladies from all over the world as they stand in their finery waiting on your skilled colouring to add life to their intricate dresses and add further pomp to their proceedings.
Filled with comedy and delightfully shady queens, it’s a lovely combination of both comics and the popularity for relaxing colouring books that younger people and adults can enjoy.
The book will be A4 and printed on heavy duty paper so that the colours you use will not bleed through and affect the pages you don’t want them to.
Musson describes the humour as Scooby Doo meets The Tudors, and The Dead Queen Detectives are an all ages romp with the original four queens — Mary, Anne, Elizabeth, and Victoria — house-sharing in Hove and solving crimes. Since then their troop is expanding with queens from all over the globe, and the biting wit and scathing put downs only continue to run rampant.
Available at Thought Bubble, you can find The Dead Queen Detectives at the ComiXology Marquee on tables 156-157, with Improper Books.
I mean, just look at it! Imagine the hours of relaxing, calming colouring you could do with this beautiful, comic art. And the comedy will just make that smile wider and wider.
- Alisa Kwitney Launches Future Echoes By Al Davison And Yen Quach At Thought Bubble
- Thought Bubble Debut: The Chimera Factor By Richmond Clements And PJ Woods
- Thought Bubble Debut: Lost Light By Claire Spiller
- Thought Bubble Debut: Brigantia #1 By Chris Mole And Melissa Trender
- Marvel Unveils First 10 Of The Phoenix Variant Covers Coming In December - September 19, 2017
- Dave Proch Will Make Comics With You Via His New Patreon - September 19, 2017
- We The Heroes Ball Returns To New York Comic Con For Second Year - September 19, 2017
- Twitter Says It’s Cracking Down On Abusive Accounts, But It’s Not Doing Enough - September 17, 2017
- What Is Greg Capullo On To Next After Metal? Could Be Swamp Thing - September 17, 2017