Developer/publisher Bluehole has decided to make a pretty big statement about PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds that may or may not be their most triumphant moment. According to Dual Shockers, the company is predicting that the popular battle royale game (which has already sold over 10-million units in Early Access alone) is set to sell between 200-300k units when the game is officially released this winter. The game is already a success at this point and putting an “official” release date on the title seems like a trivial matter at this point. But is it gloating on their part to say that opening day on a physical release is going to be massive?
PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds is already set to appear on the Xbox sometime near the end of 2017, another release well before their current 2018 projection, meaning that they’ll already be tapping the console market before the game will hit shelves with digital releases of what would essentially be a “fully-functional beta.” So at that point, the real question that comes to mind is… Who are these 300k people remaining that you have yet to sell the game to on opening day? Is this Bluehole claiming a victory before the shots are even volleyed, or is this just confidence that the product is so good that people will snatch it up on disc even if they own it digitally?
- 'PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds' Is Likely Headed To The PS4
- Bluehole Forms PUBG Corp., To Focus Squarely On 'PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds'
- Bluehole Takes Notice Of Fortnite's Battle Royale Comparisons To PUBG
- The Next Xbox One Update May Solve Some Space Issues
- Fog In 'PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds' Likely To Mess With Top Tier Players
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds Has Hit 10 Million Downloads Already
- Twitch Announces New Interactive Developer "Extensions" At PAX West
- Microsoft & Bluehole Announce Partnership For 'PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds'
- Diving Back Into The Blue: We Review Logitech's G633 Artemis Spectrum
- Call Of Duty: Black Ops 4 Getting Special Endowment “Salute Pack” - October 22, 2018
- Oculus Co-Founder Brendan Iribe Departs After Project Cancellation - October 22, 2018
- Players Are Slamming Shadow of the Tomb Raider After Sudden Sale - October 22, 2018
- Nintendo Switch to get Mercenaries Wings: The False Phoenix - October 22, 2018
- Blizzard is Giving Away Diablo III Switch Bundles in a Treasure Hunt - October 22, 2018