Billie Lourd, the daughter of the late Carrie Fisher, was recently on The Ellen Show to help promote American Horror Story: Cult. However, she was asked about Star Wars, of course, and Lourd revealed that she actually auditioned for the role of Rey in Star Wars: The Force Awakens:
“J.J. Abrams called me to come in for Star Wars because he couldn’t find someone for the lead. He ended up finding Daisy Ridley, who’s an incredible actress — so talented! But I went in and he ended up giving me this tiny role with a couple lines.”
Loud also spoke about the time she spent on the set of The Force Awakens and how it was really the thing that helped her decide to pursue acting:
“I was super excited. I didn’t know what was going to happen and ended up going and fell in love with it. I was weirdly singing Jersey Boys on set and really comfortable. I came home and my mom said, ‘This is really weird that you’re comfortable here; this is one of the most uncomfortable environments in the world. If you’re comfortable here, you should do this. … You should act.’”
If there is anyone in the world that deserves happiness, it’s Billie Lourd. She’s lost so much in the last year, and she’s in the uncomfortable position of having her loss being extremely public. People are always going to ask her about her mom and her grandmother, and they’re going to do it in front of cameras. However, Lourd really does seem to love acting, and she comes from a line of tough ladies. She’s doing to do just fine.
Summary: Having taken her first steps into a larger world in Star Wars: The Force Awakens (2015), Rey continues her epic journey with Finn, Poe and Luke Skywalker in the next chapter of the saga.
Star Wars: The Last Jedi, directed by Rian Johnson, stars Daisy Ridley, John Boyega, Mark Hamill, Oscar Isaac, Carrie Fisher, and Adam Driver. It will be released on December 15th.
- If You Miss Carrie Fisher Like We Do, You Should Watch This Video
- Darth Vader Finally Gets The Hasbro Role Play Treatment
- Joss Whedon Exits the Batgirl Movie - February 22, 2018
- A Wrinkle in Time: Reese Witherspoon Talks the Importance of Diversity in Front and Behind the Camera - February 22, 2018
- Game Night Review: Doesn’t Get the High Score, but Doesn’t Lose Either - February 22, 2018
- The Gifted Season 2 Could Explore Where the X-Men Went in Detail - February 22, 2018
- Chris McKay Enters Negotiations for Dungeons & Dragons, but What About Nightwing? - February 22, 2018