Remember some time ago when the Babadook made a surprising turn as a new gay icon, appearing everywhere from the RuPaul’s Drag Race Season Finale to Pride parades and marches the world over?
Well, it seems the shadowy horror of queer fabulousness has found himself love…in the arms of fear-feeding demon from beyond reality and kid-chomping clown, Pennywise the Dancing Clown.
It seems this time to have started from a joke on Twitter, rather than a mistake on Netflix’s part as was the case with The Babadook being listed as an LGBT Interest movie. On Twitter, of course, certain quarters couldn’t possibly take the joke.
A REPUBLICAN REALLY CAME INTO MY DMS BECAUSE I SHITPOSTED A PENNYWISE IS AN LGBT ALLY EDIT DNSNSND pic.twitter.com/hq4IyqNkZv
— poc sisters (@starkrhodey) September 11, 2017
Because of course, Pennywise can terrorise children and literally eat their arms clean off their bodies, but heaven forbid he find comfort in the arms of another male living nightmare.
Well, when you come at us, we just keep on getting louder, honey, and that is just what happened with everyone’s new favourite ‘ship of the Babadook and Pennywise.
GOODNIGHT TO THE LGBT ICONS PENNYWISE THE CLOWN AND HIS LONG TERM BOYFRIEND THE BABADOOK, PROSPER QUEENS
— yuri (@serphantal) September 13, 2017
The couple, collectively called Babawise or perhaps Pennydook, can usually be found taking romantic time out visiting their nearest cat cafe and terrorising small children, before retiring to the deep dark sewers for a lengthy 27-year sojourn.
pennywise and babadook official powercouple name:
— tom (@tom_harlock) September 12, 2017
It is believed they initially found each other using gay monster dating service, Ghoulr, and then sharing a romantic meal of children’s nightmares among the ignorance of adults, where the two found each other’s dark hearts. It is not known whether Pennywise has yet shown the Babadook his Deadlights, but then, that’s between them, really.
However, there is rumour of trouble in paradise, as some suggest the Babadook’s wandering gaze may have fallen on another creature from the depths of Hell:
BREAKING: The Babadook just left Pennywise for the new Hellboy
— Alex Zalben (@azalben) September 13, 2017
Frankly, I think it’s greedy — I can’t even find myself one horrific terror from beyond the veil of human horror, let alone two.
- 'It' Review: Another King Adaptation That's Too Little Too Late
- 'It' Ends Weekend With Mind-Blowing $117 Million Box Office Take
- It Shatters Records, Exceeds Expectations With Estimated $100+ Million Opening
- The Babadook Leaves The World Babashook In First Pride Appearances
- Marvel Unveils First 10 Of The Phoenix Variant Covers Coming In December - September 19, 2017
- Dave Proch Will Make Comics With You Via His New Patreon - September 19, 2017
- We The Heroes Ball Returns To New York Comic Con For Second Year - September 19, 2017
- Twitter Says It’s Cracking Down On Abusive Accounts, But It’s Not Doing Enough - September 17, 2017
- What Is Greg Capullo On To Next After Metal? Could Be Swamp Thing - September 17, 2017