The Black Canary shell game continues on Arrow. The new season will feature the second Black Canary (Katie Cassidy) now playing Black Siren, the first Canary (Caity Lotz) flying around on the Waverider in Legends of Tomorrow while the newest Black Canary (Juliana Harkavy) will finally embrace the name and costume.
And with accepting the role, she’s going to become a more confident character and fighter. Executive producer Wendy Mericle told Matt Webb Mitovitch of TVLine:
“One of the things that Julianna has been bringing this season is exactly that. She’s no longer the newbie on the team, she has a definite point of view — and I can tell you that that point of view and her new swagger is going to have some real consequences for the team down the road. Look out for that in the middle of the season.”
Black Canary is a huge part of the Green Arrow universe in the comics. The two have been together for a very long time and fans want to see them together, but on the show, it’s a matter of which one. We were first introduced to Laurel Lance, who is Black Canary in the comics. We then got Sarah Lance as Canary — she didn’t pick a color until later, and now goes as White Canary. But the golden age Black Canary was Dinah Drake, who is Harkavy’s character. Which one Oliver Queen (Stephen Amell) ends up with, if any, may be a long time off.
Arrow returns for Season 6 October 12th on the CW.
- Exclusive Extended Previews For Pathfinder: Spiral Bones #1 and Vampirella #11 - March 20, 2018
- Writer’s Commentary: Marc Andreyko on Legenderry Red Sonja #2 - March 20, 2018
- Allison Williams Joins Netflix’s ‘A Series of Unfortunate Events’ - March 20, 2018
- Exclusive First Look at Gabriel Hardman and Carlos D’Anda’s Aliens: Dust to Dust #3 Covers - March 20, 2018
- Legends of Tomorrow Season 3, Episode 15 Recap: Necromancing the Stone - March 20, 2018