The world was shocked and appalled Tuesday when Canadian pro wrestler and dissident Kevin Owens viciously assaulted Vincent Kennedy McMahon, a close personal friend and associate of President Donald Trump.
McMahon was acting in his official capacity as Chairman and CEO of WWE Entertainment while threatening to fire Owens if Owens proceeded with an unsafe work environment lawsuit against the company. McMahon pointed to income inequality and a corrupt justice system as evidence that he would prevail over Owens in any legal conflict and said that he wished he son Shane McMahon had ripped Owens’ liver out of his body and shown it to him before informing Owens that he would face McMahon inside a Hell in the Cell match at an upcoming WWE Pay Per View event.
Owens reacted by tricking McMahon into a verbal handshake agreement absolving Owens of legal responsibility for an assault on a McMahon family member of his choice and then proceeded to headbutt McMahon, superkick him in the face, and perform a frog splash on the 72 year old billionaire.
— WWE (@WWE) September 13, 2017
McMahon has a long association with the President of the United States. In addition to hosting WrestleMania 4 and 5 at Trump’s Atlantic City plaza, McMahon’s and his wife Linda McMahon have donated millions of dollars to Trump’s campaign, and Linda serves on Trump’s cabinet as head of the Small Business Administration. McMahon once squared off against Trump at WrestleMania 23 as part of the Battle of the Billionaires, and Trump is a member of WWE’s Hall of Fame.
As McMahon was being helped out of the arena by medical staff, a fan shouted at him, “text the president and have him deported,” referring to Owens. It’s unclear at this time whether President Trump will take any action against Owens or the country of Canada, but Bleeding Cool will monitor the president’s Twitter feed for breaking updates on this story.
— WWE (@WWE) September 13, 2017
- SummerSlam Protestors Want Donald Trump Out Of The WWE Hall Of Fame
- Report: Pro-Trump Views Of WWE Wrestler Big Cass Lead To Locker Room Heat
- Jerry "The King" Lawler On Reaction To Trump's CNN WrestleMania Beatdown Video: "Lighten Up"
- Trump Got CNN WWE Beatdown Video From Reddit, Showing He And Media Are More Alike Than He Will Admit
- Donald Trump Celebrates Presidential Pro Wrestling Heritage With Video Beating Up CNN
- Trump Political Ally Jesse Ventura Has Vladimir Putin's Personal Assurance For New TV Show
- Linda McMahon Defends Donald Trump, Chooses Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson Over Vin Diesel In Epic Bout With Katie Couric
- Donald Trump Launches Subscription Box So Marvel Fans Can Give Him Money Directly
- Have You Ever Wondered What Wrestling Superstar Virgil Thinks Of Donald Trump?
- No, Seriously, Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson Is Not Screwing Around And May Run For President
- Poll Shows Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson Would Beat Donald Trump In 2020
- At Impromptu Campaign Rally At Local Restaurant, WWE Superstar And Mayoral Candidate Kane Honored With Sushi Roll
- Did WWE Chairman Vince McMahon Have Something To Do With Donald Trump Firing James Comey?
- Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson Elaborates On Politics, Presidential Run "A Real Possibility"
- WWE Superstar Kane Releases First Campaign Video, Shockingly Doesn't Light Anyone On Fire
- Stan Sakai Named Inaugural Joe Kubert Award Winner By Comic Con Revolution, Kubert School - May 20, 2018
- X-ual Healing: Cable #157, Continuity Porn Even a New Reader Can Enjoy - May 19, 2018
- X-ual Healing: Acanti Sky-Whales, Brood-Wolves, and Flying Brood-Sharks, Oh My, in Weapon H #3 - May 19, 2018
- X-ual Healing – A Heel Turn for Weapon X in Hunt for Wolverine: The Claws of a Killer #1 - May 19, 2018
- Hasbro Trademarks the Smell of Play-Doh - May 19, 2018