It may not be a true Nintendo project, but if you want to have a little fun with Super Mario 64 beyond the single-player confines, you now have a way. Created by Kaze Emanuar, Super Mario 64 Online is essentially the classic N64 title turned into an MMO. You can have multiplayer inside the game at once, roaming through the castle and having adventures in any of the levels you see in the original game.
As you can see int he video below, a lot of work was put into making a game where the characters from multiple Mario games could pop in and take a presence in the world you see. Yoshi jumps farther, Luigi jumps higher, Wario can take more damage while Waluigi can get a triple jump in. My favorite is a nod to Super Mario Bros. 2 where Princess Peace floats around when she jumps, helping her cover a long section of ground. I actually find Super Mario 64 Online quite fun, and best yet, it’s a free download! If I were you, I’d hurry up and play as much of it as I could before Nintendo comes along with their lawyers to try and shut it down for being cooler than they ever imagined it being. Or in legal terms, copyright infringement.
- Someone Made A First-Person Super Mario 64 Hack
- Retro Fighters Looking To Make A Modern N64 Controller
- Surprised To See 'Star Fox 2' On The Super NES Classic Edition? So Was The Programmer
- Did You Know That Today Is World Tetris Day?
- We Will See Star Wars: Battlefront II's Assault On Theed Live Next Weekend
- Dissidia Final Fantasy Opera Omnia To Hit North America - January 16, 2018
- Assassin’s Creed: Origins Expansion “The Hidden Ones” Coming Next Week - January 16, 2018
- Capcom Releases A Launch Trailer & Intro Video For Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition - January 16, 2018
- WWE 2K18 Receives A New “Enduring Icons” Pack Today - January 16, 2018
- Jeff Kaplan Says Overwatch’s Next Hero Is “Meta Changing” - January 16, 2018