It may not be a true Nintendo project, but if you want to have a little fun with Super Mario 64 beyond the single-player confines, you now have a way. Created by Kaze Emanuar, Super Mario 64 Online is essentially the classic N64 title turned into an MMO. You can have multiplayer inside the game at once, roaming through the castle and having adventures in any of the levels you see in the original game.
As you can see int he video below, a lot of work was put into making a game where the characters from multiple Mario games could pop in and take a presence in the world you see. Yoshi jumps farther, Luigi jumps higher, Wario can take more damage while Waluigi can get a triple jump in. My favorite is a nod to Super Mario Bros. 2 where Princess Peace floats around when she jumps, helping her cover a long section of ground. I actually find Super Mario 64 Online quite fun, and best yet, it’s a free download! If I were you, I’d hurry up and play as much of it as I could before Nintendo comes along with their lawyers to try and shut it down for being cooler than they ever imagined it being. Or in legal terms, copyright infringement.
- Retro Fighters Looking To Make A Modern N64 Controller
- Surprised To See 'Star Fox 2' On The Super NES Classic Edition? So Was The Programmer
- Did You Know That Today Is World Tetris Day?
- We Will See Star Wars: Battlefront II's Assault On Theed Live Next Weekend
- On This Day In Pop Culture – May 29
- Gamer-Related Charities United Under Single Banner: One Gamer Fund - September 21, 2017
- Curing Curses & Chult Shenanigans With D&D’s ‘Tomb Of Annihilation’ - September 19, 2017
- How The Dying Roll: Reviewing The ‘Tomb Of Annihilation’ Dice Set - September 19, 2017
- ‘Ink’, ‘MvCI’, & ‘NBA 2K18’ For Video Game Releases: Sept. 19-25 - September 19, 2017
- More Minecraft Craftables From JiNX & Extra Goodies To Review - September 18, 2017