Well, RuPaul Charles is fond of the phrase “Everybody say love,” and it seems the Television Academy took this to heart, showing their love for RuPaul again with the reality TV superstar’s second consecutive Emmy Award win for Best Host of a Reality or Reality-Competition Program.
If the number of drag queen cosplayers and people cosplaying as RPDR stars at comic cons is anything to go by, RuPaul’s Drag Race is a show with a large intersection of fandom between pop culture fans and drag fans. It recently made the move from LogoTV to VH1 and enjoyed its highest-rated season with Season 9. RuPaul’s Drag Race follows a group of drag queens as they compete to display their charisma, uniqueness, nerve, and talent to prove themselves worthy of the title of America’s Next Drag Superstar.
RuPaul’s Drag Race will be continuing next year with its tenth season, plus a third season of RuPaul’s Drag Race All Stars, where previous contestants are brought together for the chance to be entered into the Drag Hall of Fame.
Unfortunately, RuPaul wasn’t present at the Emmys to accept his second award, as he’s rather busy taking over the Javits Center in New York with RuPaul’s Drag Con. However, he did give this statement:
“I am beyond grateful to the Television Academy for giving love to our show again this year. Providing an international platform for 113 outrageous, courageous and talented queens has been the greatest reward of all. None of this would be possible it weren’t for the incredible cast and crew of RuPaul’s Drag Race, and my partners at World of Wonder and VH1.”
RuPaul’s Drag Con is on again today in New York. If you’d like to see the queens and the supermodel of the world, RuPaul, and if you can get a last-minute ticket, you can sashay your way over today.
- Drag Star Ginger Minj Gets Married On Stage At Drag Con NYC
- Flame Con Is One Big Party, And It Is Absolutely Incredible
- Andrew Garfield Says He's "Gay Right Now" Because He's Been Watching RuPaul's Drag Race For New Role
- "Cosplay Is All Drag" - Michelle Visage And Phi Phi O'Hara Talk Cosplay
- Millarworld Announces New Ongoing Hit-Girl Series With Kevin Smith On Second Arc - November 21, 2017
- Disney Animation Head John Lasseter Takes Leave Of Absence From Pixar Due To “Missteps” - November 21, 2017
- An Open Letter To ReedPOP About The Future Of MCM Comic Cons - November 21, 2017
- A Teaser Trailer Comes Out For New Mobile Game Marvel Strike Force - November 21, 2017
- Morrissey Throws His Support Behind Kevin Spacey And Harvey Weinstein - November 20, 2017