It really came out of nowhere.
Connecticut Democrat Scott Chamberlain resigned from the New Milford city council this week after his secret life as a rape-tolerating, erotic fiction-writing furry was exposed on Facebook, according to a report from the New Milford News Times.
Chamberlain, who says that his involvement in the furry subculture had nothing to do with sex and everything to do with a love of anthropomorphic cartoon animals, reportedly placed rape into the “tolerates” category while sorting topics into the categories “loves,” “likes,” “tolerates,” and “hates” on his SoFurry.com profile. Additionally, Chamberlain wrote what he referred to as an ongoing “soap opera” under a pen name on the website, which included sexual situations involving furries.
The news of Chamberlain’s hobbies didn’t sit well with some residents, and Mayor David Gronbach called for his resignation, saying that elected officials should be held to a “higher standard.” Local resident Rick Agee, who was responsible for the Facebook post, joined a small group of protesters outside the city’s Democratic party headquarters with a sign that read “No perverts running our town!”
Chamberlain soon resigned, suggesting that someone created a profile on the private furry website to spy on him, and commenting, “I’m just saddened by this whole thing. I’ve always tried to be positive in my public life and work hard and donate my time for the people of New Milford.”
We’re not sure what the tolerance levels are like in New Milford, Connecticut, but as far as we’re concerned, there’s nothing wrong with erotic fiction writing or being a furry. Tolerating rape, however, would be where we’d personally draw the line. Your mileage may vary.
- The Great Lie: What Doomsday Clock Secrets Are DC Hiding Behind This Password Protected Page - November 17, 2017
- Moffat, Davies, Colgan, And Cornell To Novelize Doctor Who For New Target Collection - November 17, 2017
- Look Who’s Holding Infinity Stones In Marvel Teaser For February - November 17, 2017
- Skybound’s Evolution Mutates Into Second Printing - November 17, 2017
- Christmas Comes Early With Sneak Peek At Doctor Who’s Twice Upon A Time - November 17, 2017