If there’s anything FPS elite players “love”, it’s running into new game mechanics that screw up their game. PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds is about to add a brand new one that will likely even the playing field for many players and kill off long-range sniper games. Below are photos that came out from Bluehold showing off the new fog mechanic that is sure to annoy many a player, but if you step back from the obvious challenge and look at the details, you might appreciate the work that went into this.
There’s actual depth put into this as it isn’t just turning the area into one large grey mass, this is some high-quality fog considering the size of the battle royale maps you’re going to be dealing with. Just looking at the way it patterns out reminds me a bit of Silent Hill, which is perfect for an FPS as you’re not adding a layer of challenge and creating more close-combat situations. No official date was given yet for the September patch, but you can see a complete list of the extensive list of changes and additions coming this month on PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds‘ Steam page. Good luck to you all in the fog…
- Bluehole Forms PUBG Corp., To Focus Squarely On 'PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds'
- Bluehole Takes Notice Of Fortnite's Battle Royale Comparisons To PUBG
- Bluehole Predicts Large Sales For 'PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds' On Console
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds Has Hit 10 Million Downloads Already
- Twitch Announces New Interactive Developer "Extensions" At PAX West
- Microsoft & Bluehole Announce Partnership For 'PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds'
- Diving Back Into The Blue: We Review Logitech's G633 Artemis Spectrum
- A Twitch Channel Takes Third Place In A 'PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds' Match
- ‘Crimsonland’, ‘Apollo Justice’, & ‘Planet Of The Apes’ In Video Game Releases: November 21-27 - November 21, 2017
- Three Game Consoles Make Time’s “Gadget Of The Year” List - November 20, 2017
- Rare Set To Release Three Classic Game Soundtracks On Vinyl - November 20, 2017
- ‘Star Wars: Secrets Of The Empire’ Launching Soon At Disney - November 20, 2017
- Echo Fox Secures A Franchise Spot In The ‘League Of Legends’ Championship Series - November 20, 2017