The Once Upon A Time reboot continues as another princess gets recast for the shows seventh season. TVLine is reporting that Meegan Warner (Turn: Washington’s Spies) has been cast as a new version of Rapunzel. The character appeared back in season 3 as played by Alexandra Metz (Chicago Fire). The new Rapunzel will find herself trapped in a tower by an evil sorceress… you know, like Rapunzel in the fairy tale. The character is described as ‘feisty and full of pluck’, which sounds like a way to describe Mary Tyler Moore. She’s willing to do whatever it takes to break the spell and get revenge on the woman who imprisoned her.
Warner taking over as Rapunzel is the third recent recasting. Dania Ramierez replaces Jessy Schram as Cinderella and Rose Reynolds replaces Sophie Lowe as Alice in Wonderland.
Once Upon a Time returns to ABC in a new time slot, 8 PM on Fridays starting October 6th. The series will lead into Marvel’s Inhumans and then later in the year to Marvel’s Agents of SHIELD. Rapunzel and Medusa back-to-back. It’s a night for people who really like long hair (or at least until the end of the pilot episode of Marvel’s Inhumans).
- Terry Dodson Adds Original Art to the Bettie Page Statue Kickstarter - March 16, 2018
- Jake McDorman Joins the Cast of the Murphy Brown Revival - March 16, 2018
- Black Lightning Season 1: Jefferson Finds a Secret He Didn’t Anticipate - March 16, 2018
- Flash Season 4: When Will Barry and Company Be Back? - March 16, 2018
- Arrow Season 6: Curtis Gets a Boyfriend and Other News - March 16, 2018