When the word got out that THQ Nordic was revitalizing the old Black Mirror PC game franchise, a number of people took notice as it was one of the better titles to come out during the early ’00s. The company brought several games over for PAX West, and Black Mirror had a fully playable demo for us to check out. As it was described to me by the devs, this is neither a sequel or a revised version of the original, but just a simple relaunching of the property with a fresh story and a modern look. Which makes total sense because there isn’t much you could do with the previous trilogy for modern gamers.
The demo had me arriving as the son of a late father who left the estate to him in the will. But when you arrive, you quickly see that not everything is as it seems, and the property itself isn’t what you would call the most magnificent bit of land in all of Scottland. Secrets seem to be abound as you’re basically playing an exploration game around a giant mansion and trying to figure out what happened to your father in his last days and what to make of the people who currently inhabit the property. Black Mirror is set to be released on November 28th, so we’ll have more to speak of once we get ourselves a review copy.
- Experiment 101 Acquired By THQ Nordic Along With 'Biomutant'
- Having Indie Fun With Annapurna Interactive At PAX West
- There's Only So Much Health In 'Crimson Keep' At PAX West
- The Mysterious Horrors Of 'The Long Reach' At PAX West
- A Different Kind Of RPG In 'Legrand Legacy' At PAX West
- Owning My Own Spy Agency With 'Phantom Doctrine' At PAX West
- Storytelling Comes Alive In 'Where The Water Tastes Like Wine' At PAX West
- I've Learned I Don't Want To 'Think Of The Children' At PAX West
- Conquering Giants In 'Dauntless' At PAX West
- Bash, Bash, & Bash Some More With 'Spartan Fist' At PAX West
- Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition Gets A New Japanese Trailer - January 18, 2018
- Life Is Strange Getting A Pair Of Physical Releases - January 18, 2018
- The Witch & The Hundred Knight 2 Will Get Global Releases In March - January 18, 2018
- Twitch Launches Brand New Broadcaster Software With “Video Producer” - January 18, 2018
- Sea Of Thieves Gets A New 4K Trailer Courtesy Of Rare - January 18, 2018