Dishonored 2‘s Death of the Outsider DLC at PAX West was, well, underwhelming. The demo essentially had you doing recon in a brand new area of the city. Sure, testing out Billie Lurk’s abilities is a fun time, but you could very easily end up in over your head and swarmed by guards.
The demo mission was also longer than the 20 minutes that staffers would let you play for, which was even more disappointing.
The gameplay was similar to the standard Dishonored gameplay, with a few differences as you’re controlling Billie Lurk this time around. But the game should feel very familiar. As for the story, I can’t say I was able to piece together a whole lot of it, but what I did see was promising.
All of the little touches Arkane Studios normally put into their games are there. You can read private correspondence, piece together small pieces of lore from posters, and even eavesdrop on pertinent conversations to expand your knowledge of the world.
Or you can power through and try to murder the Outsider. He’s only a sentient whale and symbol for eco-conscienceness and global warming. But yeah, go try to kill the guy. You do you.
I’ll just be over here with my whale activism. It’s cool.
- Multiplayer Insanity With 'Arrow Heads' At PAX West
- Finding My Inner Captain With Muse Games At PAX West
- Browsing The Latest Gear From Alienware At PAX West
- QuantumSquid Show Off 'Pylon: Rogue' At PAX West Before Release
- Gazillion Entertainment Shuts Down Marvel Heroes - November 15, 2017
- Lineage 2: Revolution Has Launched Worldwide On iOS And Android - November 15, 2017
- The Exorcist: Legion VR Will Launch On November 22nd - November 15, 2017
- Call Of Duty: WWII’s Micro-transaction System Is Delayed Until Next Week - November 15, 2017
- Humble Bundle Will Donate 100% Of Profits From Its Care Package To Hurricane Relief - November 14, 2017