Dishonored 2‘s Death of the Outsider DLC at PAX West was, well, underwhelming. The demo essentially had you doing recon in a brand new area of the city. Sure, testing out Billie Lurk’s abilities is a fun time, but you could very easily end up in over your head and swarmed by guards.
The demo mission was also longer than the 20 minutes that staffers would let you play for, which was even more disappointing.
The gameplay was similar to the standard Dishonored gameplay, with a few differences as you’re controlling Billie Lurk this time around. But the game should feel very familiar. As for the story, I can’t say I was able to piece together a whole lot of it, but what I did see was promising.
All of the little touches Arkane Studios normally put into their games are there. You can read private correspondence, piece together small pieces of lore from posters, and even eavesdrop on pertinent conversations to expand your knowledge of the world.
Or you can power through and try to murder the Outsider. He’s only a sentient whale and symbol for eco-conscienceness and global warming. But yeah, go try to kill the guy. You do you.
I’ll just be over here with my whale activism. It’s cool.
- Dishonored 2 Will Be Getting A Graphic Novel This Month
- Multiplayer Insanity With 'Arrow Heads' At PAX West
- Finding My Inner Captain With Muse Games At PAX West
- Browsing The Latest Gear From Alienware At PAX West
- QuantumSquid Show Off 'Pylon: Rogue' At PAX West Before Release
- Unique Social Gay RPG Gaydorado Fills an Odd Niche - March 20, 2018
- Elder Dice, Bringing a Bit of Eldritch Horror to All Your Tabletop Games - March 20, 2018
- Halo vs. Larry Niven’s Ringworld — Just How Similar Are They? - March 20, 2018
- Kitty Powers’ Love Life Review: Like The Sims but More Relationship-Focused - March 20, 2018
- Light Tracer Review: A Pretty, Kid-Friendly VR Puzzle Platformer - March 20, 2018