Victor Crowley, the Hatchet sequel nobody knew was coming, is hitting the road for fans to experience. Director Adam Green will even be in attendance at some of the showings, as they roll this one out old-school style.
This is always a pretty neat idea and a unique opportunity for fans. And I am happy that Cleveland is on there, I may actually get to participate in one of these! (Cleveland never gets this stuff). But if you do not see your city listed, have no fear, kids — Green says more cites are to come:
“Only about HALF of them are being announced in this first wave as Dark Sky’s roadshow team is still firming things up with a whole TON of cities/theaters,” he wrote. “So when you see the dates- don’t fear if you don’t see a city near you on the list just yet. Your city could very well be announced in the coming weeks (if not days). I’m literally going to be doing a show in a different city every night for about 6 or 7 weeks straight.”
Victor Crowley is going to be an interesting film. I liked the first Hatchet, I thought it was a campy and fun gore-fest that as horror fans we sometimes like to throw on and just have a fun time with. It was nothing more than that to myself, but it developed quite a following after that, with sequels and comics and such. I think a lot of that can be attributed to the film starring fan-favorite Kane Hodder in the role of Victor Crowley, but I may be wrong about that. Also — whenever I read his name I sing it to the tune of ‘Mr. Crowley’ by Ozzy Osbourne. I can’t be the only one who does that.
The film’s official description reads:
“In 2007, forty-nine people were brutally torn to pieces in Louisiana’s Honey Island Swamp. Over the past decade, lone survivor Andrew Yong’s claims that local legend Victor Crowley was responsible for the horrific massacre have been met with great controversy, but when a twist of fate puts him back at the scene of the tragedy, Crowley is mistakenly resurrected and Yong must face the bloodthirsty ghost from his past.”
Victor Crowley’s ensemble cast also features Laura Ortiz (2006’s The Hills Have Eyes), Dave Sheridan (Scary Movie), and Brian Quinn (truTV’s Impractical Jokers). Stars Kane Hodder and Parry Shen also return.
- Stranger Things Gets 1980s-Style Action Figures From Funko
- 'It' Review: Pennywise Returns From His Slumber, And Boy Are We Glad He Did
- Jennifer Lawrence Is Returning In X-Men: Dark Phoenix For Artistic Reasons
- Scream Factory Releasing Silent Night Deadly Night, With NECA Figure!
- Report: Drew Goddard To Write And Direct X-Force Movie Featuring Deadpool And Cable
- Funko NYCC 2017 Exclusives Wave 3- Disney! Black Hole Pops!
- First Trailer For The Current War Hits; Not Enough Tesla
- 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi' Director Rian Johnson Discusses Film's Tone
- Marvel Explains All Of Those Planet Hulk Rumors
- Rian Johnson On Working With Carrie Fisher And Mark Hamill On The Last Jedi
- Lucifer Season 3: For How Long Is Tom Ellis In The Desert?
- Marvel And Star Wars Films Will Be Exclusive To New Disney Streaming Service
- Guardians Of The Galaxy Goes Manga In Japan With 'Galaxy Rush'
- 'Victor Crowley': The 'Hatchet' Sequel You Didn't Know About (TRAILER)
- Hatchet Gets An Ongoing Series From American Mythology September 2017 Solicits
- WWE Collectors Have Tons to Be Excited About: Mattel WWE at SDCC - July 20, 2018
- Check Out 50+ Pics From the Sideshow Collectibles Booth at SDCC - July 20, 2018
- Check Out 77 Pics From the Hot Toys Display at SDCC - July 20, 2018
- Pennywise Returns to SDCC at ScareDiego, Along With The Nun and Curse of La Llorona - July 20, 2018
- Bleeding Cool at the SDCC Hasbro Fan Breakfast: Star Wars, Marvel Legends, Transformers, and More! - July 19, 2018