WWE Hall-of-Famer Jerry “The King” Lawler would have a really tough decision to make if WWE asked him to return to announcing full time.
Jerry “The King” Lawler revealed the condition that would need to be met if he were to consider returning to WWE as a full time announcer on his latest podcast. According to Lawler, WWE would have to pay him money to make a full time return.
“I was more than happy to come back to fill in for Booker T on Raw when the hurricane kept him from being able to be at the show,” Lawler explained. “But if they were to call me and ask me to come back on a full-time basis, it would be a really, really tough decision to make. If they said I was going to make the same money as I did before, that would go a long way in making me consider going back again.”
It’s a shrewd demand on Lawler’s part. If WWE was hoping to get Lawler to return to announcing for free, it looks like the two sides may be at an impasse. However, if they are willing to pay him the same thing they were willing to pay him when he was announcing full time a couple years ago, perhaps a bargain can be made.
According to the latest reports from Dave Meltzer’s Wrestling Observer Radio, WWE could do just that. Meltzer says that WWE was considering having Lawler replace JBL on Smackdown Live after JBL suddenly retired last week. However, the company ultimately went with Corey Graves, apparently hesitant about putting Lawler in a lead announcing role due to his age. We’ll have to wait and see if Lawler is offered another high profile gig at WWE in the coming days, and, of course, whether or not WWE is willing to pay him for it.
- Corey Graves To Replace JBL On SmackDown Live Announce Team
- Could Renee Young Replace JBL On The SmackDown Live Announcers' Team?
- WWE's John Bradshaw Layfield Retires From Smackdown To Work With At Risk Kids [UPDATED]
- Here Are The Rumored Details Behind Mauro Ranallo's Return To WWE As NXT Commentator
- Jerry Lawler Signs New WWE Deal, Will Call Royal Rumble Match
- Jerry "The King" Lawler Will Return To WWE TV On Smackdown Live This Week
- WWE News: Jerry Lawler Loses On-Screen Role, Amy "Lita" Dumas Gone From Company?
- Impact Wrestling Co-Founder Jerry Jarrett Shares His Steamy Jim Cornette/Hillary Clinton Fanfic - May 26, 2018
- The Gentleman: Darkness of the Void – Pandering Horror to the Unrepresented - May 26, 2018
- BOOM! Studios and Natalie Nourigat Want to Teach You How to Break Into Animation - May 25, 2018
- Image Offers Unsold C2E2 Analog #1 Variants Now That It’s Being Adapted for Film - May 25, 2018
- Walking Dead Collectible Sparks Racism Controversy at North Carolina Credit Union - May 25, 2018