Tomorrow sees the publication of The Walking Dead #171 by Robert Kirkman, Charlie Adlard, Stefano Gaudiano, Cliff Rathburn, and Rus Wooten. And it features a brand-new character.
“FEAR THE PRINCESS Who is she, and what does she want?”
New characters given focus like this on the Walking Dead can often mean key issues, collectibility, cosplay from defining features and accessories, and TV character casting. Previous examples include The Governor, Negan, Jesus, Michonne, and Ezekiel.
And the goggles, purple hair and pink cropped jacket just scream cosplay. This the first time a Walking Dead character looks like something out of Mad Max or Fallout.
So here are five things (not too spoilery) that we will learn tomorrow.
1. Michonne’s team find a completely deserted city. The Princess is alone and has been for a year.
2. The Princess exhibits an element of neurodiversity as a result.
3. Her real name is Juanita Sanchez.
4. She has a temper — or at least she thinks she does.
5. She is a bit of a motormouth.
The Walking Dead #171 is published tomorrow. Is this their character find of 2017?
- The Return to the Underwear-Outside-Trousers Explained in Batman #53 (SPOILERS) - August 15, 2018
- Batman: Damned Preview by Brian Azzarello and Lee Bermejo – John Constantine Prefers Batman to Superman - August 15, 2018
- Aspen Relaunches No World in November 2018 Solicits - August 14, 2018
- Zenescope Launches Comics Festival for Its Biggest Fans – or at Least Those with $99 Memberships - August 14, 2018
- Marvel Comics Put the Fantastic Four #1 Spoiler on the Second Printing Front Cover - August 14, 2018