Catan GmbH, Catan Studio, Asmodee Digital and virtual reality game developer Experiment 7 announced a partnership to bring the acclaimed Catan board game to VR. Catan VR is an immersive take on Klaus Teuber’s landmark title that revolutionized modern board gaming. The social multiplayer Catan VR is set to release on Oculus Rift and Samsung Gear VR for Holiday 2017.
True to the classic, but optimized for virtual reality, Catan VR allows tabletop fans and new players alike to experience the best-selling board game in a fresh, fully-immersive format. Whether taking on other players around the world, or playing against Catan personalities, players can watch the island come to life in VR for the first time, with beautiful in-game environments and cross-play functionality. Created in conjunction with Klaus and Benjamin Teuber, along with the Catan and Asmodee Digital teams, Catan VR brings everything board gamers love to the Oculus Rift and Samsung Gear VR. The fun begins at launch, with additional VR platforms to follow.
“The first time I saw Catan on the Magic Table, I was fascinated by what VR has to offer,” said Catan creator Klaus Teuber. “The game I made in our living room with my family 25 years ago in Virtual Reality? It’s incredible. I never imagined actually stepping into the world of Catan when we first started making cut-outs and dreaming about exploring new lands.”
Honestly, this one has me pretty damn excited. Because if this works, well. I no longer have any excuse to miss a game night and neither do you.
You can check out the announcement trailer below.
- Gazillion Entertainment Is Shutting Marvel Heroes Down This Friday Instead Of The End Of December As Promised - November 22, 2017
- EA Is In Trouble Again: This Time Over FIFA As Fans Start A Boycott - November 22, 2017
- Sign-up For The Sea of Thieves Technical Alpha Is Closing Next Week - November 22, 2017
- You Can Now Hire Professionals To Play Call Of Duty For You - November 22, 2017
- Pokémon Go Has New Rules For The Mewtwo Ex Raids - November 22, 2017