As part of their presentation at PAX West today, Twitch announced a new set of tools that will be provided to developers called announced Twitch Extensions. These are a new set of tools from its Developer Success team that “allow third-party developers to help creators customize their channel pages with interactive experiences.”
These new extensions can be directly integrated with Twitch’s live video and are designed to help grow better relationships between game developers and the communities that play them for better and higher engagement. In theory, this will lead to creating a more dedicated fanbase. Below is the list of new extensions available for launch across 20 different games and more.
No official launch date was announced, however, it was revealed that more details would be given out at TwitchCon during their Developer Day on October 19th.
- Destiny Armory Overlay by Grab Games: Dive into Destiny gear, view details on perks, get class info, and more – all seamlessly incorporated into the stream.
- Gear on Amazon: This panel highlights Partners and Affiliates’ favorite products on Amazon, making it easy for viewers to find and purchase them. It also helps fans support their favorite creators, since members of the Amazon Associates program earn commissions.
- Hearthstone Match Ticker by Battlefy: Live ticker for Hearthstone tournaments on Battlefy.
- Innkeeper: Interactive Hearth Overlay by Curse: Interactive deck overlay and card tooltips.
- Isaac Tracker by Pretzel Tech: Allows viewers to view the level seed and details on items picked up while playing Binding of Isaac.
- Kappa Pet by Porcupine: A virtual pet that lives on the channel page, which responds to viewers, evolves as the stream runs, and goes to sleep when the creator is offline.
- Leaderboard by Muxy: Automatically displays the channel’s top five cheerers.
- Live Emote Reactions by Porcupine: Allows viewers to react by sharing emotes live.
- Loyalty, Music, Polls & Games by Streamlabs: Shows loyalty points, receives song requests, displays polls, lets viewers enter giveaways, and host mini-games.
- MasterOverwatch by Master Network: On-screen statistics overlay for Overwatch broadcasters.
- OP.GG For League of Legends by OP.GG: Provides in-game statistics for creators, including summoner spells, runes, and masteries.
- Overlay by Muxy: One stream overlay with many interactive apps.
- Schedule by Layer One: Keep your community up to date on your scheduled Twitch events in their local timezone.
- Smart Click Maps by ExMachima: Shows a “heatmap” of clicks, allowing viewers to suggest the creator’s next move, card, or weapon by clicking directly on the video.
- StreamLegends by Proletariat Inc: Fight monsters, loot treasure, build your channel’s town and raid together.
- Summoner Info by Legendary Builds: A summary of the creator’s League of Legends player info with runes, masteries, most played champions, and recent ranked games.
- Teams by GameWisp: Promote a Twitch team you belong to with the Teams panel
- TRN Battlegrounds (PUBG) Live Tracker by Tracker Network: Shows live updates of PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds stats. Both Overlay and Panel options available.
- TRN Destiny Live Tracker by Tracker Network: Tracks Destiny progress and loadout.
- TRN Rocket League Live Tracker by Tracker Network: Tracks Rocket League skill ratings.
- What’s Playing by Pretzel Tech: Shows what music is currently playing on stream.
- Echo Fox Secures A Franchise Spot In The 'League Of Legends' Championship Series
- Bluehole Takes Notice Of Fortnite's Battle Royale Comparisons To PUBG
- Twitch Releases The Complete Exhibitors List For TwitchCon
- Bluehole Predicts Large Sales For 'PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds' On Console
- Fog In 'PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds' Likely To Mess With Top Tier Players
- AAA Lucha Libre Worldwide’s 'Triplemania XXV' To Air On Twitch
- Twitch Adds In New Integration Tools For Hearthstone & Overwatch
- Twitch To Run Classic Game Show 'Starcade' For Next Marathon
- Twitch Releases The Full Version Of Their Desktop App Today
- Twitch Reveals More Details About TwitchCon 2017 Plans
- At Long Last, Hello Neighbor Gets A Launch Trailer - December 10, 2017
- Forza Motorsport 7 To Add Halo-Themed Racing Suits - December 10, 2017
- Tracer From Overwatch Makes An Appearance In Ready Player One - December 10, 2017
- Blood & Truth Received A Live Game Session During PSX - December 10, 2017
- Guacamelee 2 Shows Off Their Demo At PSX - December 10, 2017