A few days before jetting off to Seattle for PAX West, the latest Loot Crate box hit my doorstep, fresh with new items from their Loot Gaming series. So far these have been pretty awesome with only a few questionable items, so the gaming subscription has been well worth it. What have they got in store before the second biggest gaming convention in North America? Let’s delve into it and find out.
The first item that caught my eye was The Witcher III bottle stopper. If you’re not a frequent drinker of wine or liquor, a bottle stopper is used to reseal corked items so they don’t go bad and you can drink them later in case you don’t polish off the bottle. This particular stopper was metal with a couple rubber rings near the middle and the School Of The Wolf symbol on the top. Fair warning: the top of this stopper is sharp in certain areas, so you could puncture yourself if not careful. That being said, this is absolutely awesome and I’m headed out to buy a bottle of wine just to use it.Very cool item!
Next up is the pin item for this month, this one being a pin from Skyrim to promote the game coming to the Nintendo Switch next year. The enamel on the pin is a good quality with a rusted gold look to the design, with a rubber stopper on the back. No real complaints about this one as it looks fantastic and would be a great addition for anyone who loves the series to throw on their backpack or satchel.
Moving onto The Legend Of Zelda: Breath Of The Wild as part of what is clearly an adventure themed package, we get a Sheikah Slate! Well, not really a slate per se, but still cool as this is a notepad designed to look like one. The handle on the top makes it easy to pull it out of your pocket or bag, with blank pages to jot down whatever you need to write or even draw. I particularly like this item because it holds true to the series itself as a convenient item to take notes. Yeah, may not be digital, but who cares? It looks cool and serves a function. The only thing missing is a band to keep a pen ready.
Next up, we get something awesome from Dragon Age: Inquisition as we received a model of a High Dragon. This is from Loot Crate’s “Screen Shots” series as they created a plastic model of the dragon down to the best detail possible. I enjoyed this figure as he makes a great addition to my shelf. As a side note, he also makes a great figure to throw into a D&D game if you wish to have a fully-painted dragon as part of the setting.
Another item from Breath Of The Wild in the box is this wonderful poster featuring Link overlooking Hyrule. My usual gripe about the posters in the boxes still stands as I’m not a fan of how they’re folded up and it’s up to me to remove the creases. I would much more enjoy these if they were rolled up and all I needed to do was flatten them out. That said, it is awesome to have a Zelda poster for my wall!
Finally, we get to the make or break item of the box: The t-shirt. This one is very simplistic as it is a design for the upcoming game Middle-Earth: Shadow Of War. The shrouded face with a muted green tone on grey looks interesting from a far, but the shirt kind of feels like an ad for the game. It’s cool to see that this is a Loot Crate exclusive and that I won’t be able to find this design anywhere else, but it feels like there’s something missing from it to make it really great. It’s difficult to put my finger on it, but this particular shirt is just okay.
Ultimately, I enjoyed this month’s box. The stopper, the slate and the dragon figure were some of the best items in the box and really sold the adventure theme inside, But this is one of the few t-shirts I’ve been lukewarm about in a long time and I kind of wish I knew what the plan was for this design or if there were different designs that could have gone in. That being said, this is still an awesome subscription box and I’m stoked to see what September has to offer.
- What’s In The Box?! Loot Gaming – February 2018
- What's In The Box?!: Loot Gaming - December 2017
- What's In The Box?!: Loot Gaming - November 2017
- What's In The Box?!: Loot Gaming - October 2017
- 'Middle-Earth: Shadow Of War' To Honor Former Developer In Free DLC
- Enjoy Some New Ads For 'Middle-Earth: Shadow Of War'
- 'Travis Strikes Again' Trailer Released Ahead Of PAX West
- What's In The Box?!: Geek Fuel XL - August 2017
- What's In The Box?! Loot Gaming For July 2017
- What's In The Box?!: ThinkGeek Capsule - July 2017
- What's In The Box?!: Geek Fuel - July 2017
- What's In The Box?!: Loot Gaming - June 2017
- PUBG Develops Say They’re Done With the “Fix PUBG” Project - November 17, 2018
- H1Z1 Pro League Will Shut Down Due To Several Issues - November 17, 2018
- Square Enix Releases a New “Deep Dive” Trailer for Just Cause 4 - November 17, 2018
- Hunt: Showdown Adds a New Map With Latest 3.0 Beta Update - November 17, 2018
- Naruto X Boruto Ninja Voltage Gets an Anniversary Campaign - November 17, 2018