Wonder Woman artist Nicola Scott recently returned to the DC Comics Art Academy to draw a picture of the Amazon princess and was asked about what artist was one of her earliest influences. It was nice to hear her say her mother. Seems both Nicola’s mother and grandmother were artists and the talent has passed down along the family line. Her mother taught her how to draw and paint. At a young age she would go with her mother to life drawing classes where her mother would draw the nude women and then give them to Nicola who would draw on costumes and boots. Then eventually she was drawing the models as well.
When asked about her favorite part of Wonder Woman to draw, Nicola talked about the characters face and show it has to convey serenity, strength and passion. Though she is capable of fierce feats, the Australian artist doesn’t see her as a fierce character. She was also asked about working on the Wonder Woman series with Greg Rucka and Liam Sharp. She shared that Liam was attached to the project before Greg or her were on board. Which is very interesting as I thought Greg was the first cog in that particular machine. She goes on to talk about the working process all the while working on a Wonder Woman headshot for the full 30 minute video.
- 5 Things We Want to See in Krypton Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Gotham Season 5, the Final Season - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Black Lightning Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in DC’s Legends of Tomorrow Season 4 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Supergirl Season 4 - June 30, 2018