If you didn’t watch the Vixen animated series when it ran in parts on the CW Seed and you didn’t pick it up on Blu-ray/DVD a few months back, then you’re in luck. The CW has announced that they will be airing the series as a two-hour movie on August 30th at 8 p.m. ET on the CW.
The series stars Megalyn Echikunwoke as Mari McCabe, who discovers she has an ancient totem that allows her to mimic the ability of animals — a totem her sister, Kuasa (Anika Noni Rose) wants desperately. We learn over the multiple episodes that it is only one of a handful of powerful totems out there.
Vixen is set in the CW’s Arrowverse and has included appearances by Green Arrow (Stephen Amell), Felicity Smoak (Emily Bett Rickards), The Flash (Grant Gustin), The Atom (Brandon Routh), Black Canary (Katie Cassidey), Vibe (Carlos Valdes) and Firestorm (Franz Drameh, Victor Garber). Echikunwoke also made a live-action appearance in the fourth season of Arrow, as Vixen was called in to help take on Damien Darhk (Neal McDonough).
There are also strong ties to the Legends of Tomorrow series, as Maisie Richardson-Sellers debuted as Amaya Jiwa in the series second season, the grandmother of Mari McCabe and an earlier version of Vixen. She was series regular and is back for Season 3. Also announced for Season 3 is an appearance by Kuasa, who will now be played by Tracy Ifeachor.
- Marvel’s Luke Cage Season 1, Episode 6 Recap: Suckas Need Bodyguards - June 17, 2018
- Stephen Amell Tells Arrow Writers to Write Like There’s No Tomorrow - June 17, 2018
- Exclusive: First Look at Martin Morazzo’s Cover for She Could Fly #3 - June 17, 2018
- Seth MacFarlane is Embarrassed to Work for Fox After Tucker Carlson Comment - June 17, 2018
- Jack Ryan Co-Creator Carlton Cuse Calls the Deep State Theory “Ridiculous” - June 17, 2018